Totally off topic....as usual...lol.

Started by WoundedBear, September 26, 2008, 12:01:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

Just thought I'd show you guys a quick vid of my summer's project. Got a lot of blood sweat and tears in this one.

Can y'all tell I'm havin' fun? wheeeeeeeeeeeee

http://members.shaw.ca/wbearart/firstpass.mpg

Sid

We now return to your regularily scheduled trains. ;D

Yampa Bob

Thanks Sid...NOT!!..it's almost 18 megabytes. I'll take your word on it.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Jim Banner

Which one was you?  Certainly a change from model railroading; takes me back to the days of my mis-spent youth.

I guess we are lucky up here.  Shaw high speed - 28 seconds to download.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Yampa Bob

Yeah yeah, rub it in. LOL  It would take me 4 hours.   >:( >:(
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WoundedBear

Sorry about the size of the file, Bob.

Jim.....mine is the white Ramcharger. With the weight of it factored against the time she ran.....fair estimates are 375 horsepower to the back wheels. That equates to roughly 475 at the flywheel. Maybe next spring I can get a day booked on a chassis dyno.

Fuel mileage sure took a dump...lol...7 miles to the track....4 passes....7 miles home....goodbye to 15 gallons of gas.

Sid

Terry Toenges

Was it 1/8 mile or 1/4 mile and what was your time and speed?
Cool video!
Feel like a Mogul.

WoundedBear

We run 1/4 mile up here.......first pass was 15.151 @91.68 mph.

The column shifter is binding underload....once I get control of the tranny, via a new shifter, I can see her easily getting into the 14's.

Then I start shedding weight.....200 pounds of back seat/bracketry.....a trailer hitch....fiberglass bumpers.....I see this thing runnin 13's at around 102 mph.

As it is she's 4000+ pounds......and I don't think the little 600 cfm carb is gonna cut it in the long run.....but for now....it's fine. Still have less than 200 miles on the engine. Next year will likely see it runnin dual 4 barrels and probably become a trailer queen on slicks. As she is now, it's totally street legal.....and the noise you hear it making is THROUGH the mufflers....lol.

I rejetted the carb Wednesday, and tonight we hit the track again. Only one more weekend after this one and we're done. Damn snow gonna be here soon. So, we throw everything we got at it now, and hope to catch a 14 before I pack her away for winter.

Sid

ps....can ya tell I like to talk about cars? ;D

Terry Toenges

Thanks for the info.
I haven't been to the strip in years. Closest one to me is 1/8 mile.
I like seeing the "off-the-wall" stuff racing like trucks and vans.
If I ever get my T-bucket put back together again, I'd like to take it to the strip.
Thanks for the video!
Feel like a Mogul.

kevin2083

My dad works with someone who races a purple Charger, that puts close to 1000 hp to the wheels. He wanted to take my dad and me to a test-and-tune night, and my dad decided to try his luck with his 98 BMW Z-3 (with the wimpy 4 cylinder engine of course). He ended up losing the match (duh) and had a top speed of 54 MPH over the 1/4 mile strip, don't remember the time though. He was up against a beautiful blue RX-8.
Now we've found something even more fun-autocross. The SCCA sets up a course out here at the old airport about once a month. My dad races his beemer, and I race in my 'high performance' 97 Camry. I rarely have anyone in my class, but when I do......I usually lose. Good practice for my job as pizza delivery boy though...

Kevin
______
|_____|
0|||||0   
||'-#'||