News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Paul Newman

Started by charon, September 27, 2008, 11:59:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charon

A moment of silence for a great actor, family man and humanitarian.
Chuck
Mesquite Short Line

SteamGene

Who was the baggage car attendant who worked for Mr. Harriman of the Union Pacific?
"I can't swim"
"We're going to die anyway!"
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Yampa Bob

I don't know, who was the attendant?  I only saw the movie once.  It was very entertaining as was all of Paul Newman's films, but not authenic.

I think "Cool Hand Luke" was his best performance.  "What we have here is failure to communicate". 
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

Yampa Bob

Who let you out? Go to bed.  >:(
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WGL

Whenever one of my favorite movie stars dies, I feel as if I've lost a friend, because I've spent many enjoyable hours with the actor.  I feel older, too. Newman was also a great humanitarian, donating $200,000,000 to charities through his Newman's Own business.
  Being something of a misfit & nonconformist myself, "Cool Hand Luke" appeals to me a lot; it is also beautifully done.  Newman should have won an Oscar for it.  That he got one for "The Color of Money" was another case of "better late than never" for Hollywood.  Tonight, we watched "Hombre" in memorial.

Jhanecker2

Newman was a great hearted person as well as a great actor . He will be missed by many and be remembered  as a "class act" .  Wish there were more like him .   Godspeed  Paul you have lived well & died gloriously .

pdlethbridge

Bob, you have insomnia too?

SteamGene

Sam Posey, former race driver and model railroader has/had a factory on his layout called "Newman's Own."  It was messy, polluting, awful - pulling his friend and fellow driver's leg.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Atlantic Central

One of the very few people in Hollywood with integrity - he will be missed.

Sheldon