News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Magazine article about Bachmann

Started by ebtbob, September 07, 2008, 09:17:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebtbob

Good Morning All,

The October/November issue of O Gauge Railroading Magazine is now available.  It is a special issue - Exploring O Scale Narrow Gauge.   The cover story is about a visit the magazine made to Bachmann Trains.   It is worth the reading,  delving into the Bachmann role as a manufacturer,  time lines for new products,  etc.

Bob
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org

OGReditor

Thanks for the kind comments, Bob.  Although we won't be covering O scale narrow gauge in quite this depth in upcoming issues--until we have enough interest and material for another "special" that is--we will be giving regular attention to  O scale narrow gauge as events warrant.

I'll have a review of the new Bachmann Rail Bus in the Jan. issue, as well as (perhaps) one more layout feature if it materializes in time.

I see narrow gauge--and On30 in particular--as a real growth area in the overall world of O gauge and O scale.  I intend to give it a proper amount of attention, especially since a narrow gauge line makes a fine and appropriate addition to a good many "conventional" O gauge and O scale layouts.

br549

the Bach-man

Dear All,
I got my copy today- great issue! I always look forward to this magazine. Each issue is well worth reading.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

OGReditor

I've taken a good bit of heat from some of our own OGR forum members for devoting a significant part of our Oct. issue to O scale narrow gauge, but I do hope that at least some folks who read here have enjoyed that issue, even if they're not regular subscribers.  You can find the magazine at many bookstores (B&N, for example) and hobby shops.

I've learned that there are two definitions of "narrow minded":

1.  Those of us who enjoy narrow gauge railroading and refer to ourselves knowingly and in good humor as "narrow minded."

2.  Those hobbyists who are narrow minded--rather sadly, in my opinion--in the conventional sense of the term.

az2rail

You got me. I bought a copy last weekend. I enjoyed it.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Hobojohn

But the magazine mentioned is not (readily) available on this side of the great, deep pond................

Lucky fellas overthere

John Baron
The Netherlands

epeorus

John,

I just happen to have an extra copy or two of that issue (since my layout is in it).  Send me an email and I will send you a copy, gratis.

Jim
The Jemez & Rio Grande, an On30 branch of the Chili Lines.