News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

K-27 snow plow removal

Started by nillessr, November 08, 2008, 12:41:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nillessr

I recently purchased a road pilot for my K-27.  I tried to remove the snow plow,but cannot seem to get it off.  What is involved?  I thought it best to consult the experts before I mess something up.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.     The Old Timer.

FordcvP71

there are a couple screws on the botom and those two metal supports on top top that just pop right off then you need to remove the front number plate im not sure if mine was glued it seemed to come off easy enough.

anyway once that stuff is all off it should come right off

nillessr

Thanks for the information.  it was much easier than I thought it would be.  I was mostly afraid of breaking something.  Now all Ineed is a place to run it.

FordcvP71

Same here I put of changing the pilots for a couple weeks after I got the new one then when I was trying I couldnt figure out what it was getting hung up on (number plate) and the diagram from the manual didnt seem to help much. oh well lol I figured it out in the end and 464 sure does look nice with the road pilot!

Just keep an eye on the lower part of the door on the front of the boiler, you know how the door is split in half so you can still open it to access the switches with the plow mounted? Well the lower part is just set in there and can fall out when the door is open atleast thats how mine is. Its really no big deal just make sure its there when you open/close the door  ;)