News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

G Scale Trees

Started by Dave, September 07, 2008, 03:52:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Does anyone know where I can buy Imitation Trees for a Portable Railway. When I say portable, its 40ft long and 10ft wide. It is mounted on a trailer that folds up to 20ft by 8ft.

Cheers

Dave in New Zealand

Paul W.

Dave,
If you are talking evergreens or pines, why not just go to Home Depot and buy some of their Dwarf Alberta Spruces, and leave them in the pots. When it comes time to transport, just take them out, put them in your truck, then re-install once you arrive.
As for deciduous trees, you could probably just take a branch from a real tree (when you find one you like), then glue on some foliage material. If there are Micheals craft stores where you are, I'm sure you could find something.

Good luck
Happy Steamin'

Paul

altterrain

I don't think they have Home Depots down under Paul!  ;)

Dave,
I would try your local crafts stores especially as it gets closer to Christmas time (though your Christmas trees may be palm trees instead of pine trees).

You can usually find the bottlebrush type

and the mini 18 - 24"tree type

-Brian
President of

Dave

Thanks for the info Brian an Paul.  Have to keep the weight down on the Trailer so Xmas Trees might just be the answer.

Cheers
                          Dave

Paul W.

oops!
Didn't think about that

I agree with Brian, local craft stores will most likely be a very good choice of trees.

Once you get it done, post some pics, I'd like to see it when complete

Good luck
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Mescal

Check out the very nice range of trees made by Schleich!

velotrain

Dave -

I'm curious how you display this layout - do you park it and folks come out to see it in operation?

How about some photos?

Charles