News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

another product idea

Started by pdlethbridge, September 29, 2008, 03:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

Has anyone made the suggestion to sell tsunami equiped tenders by themselves . I all ready have a couple of Bachmann spectrum engines and would like to add sound to them. All I need is a sound equiped tender. Not another loco, just the tender. Thanks in advance. Paul

Yampa Bob

I don't remember seeing such a suggestion, good idea though.

Insomnia again?  ;D ;D
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

pdlethbridge

Yampa Bob

I called Soundtraxx this morning, they are considering supplying Tsunamis with NMRA plug installed, seems they get lots of requests. 

I have a couple of USRA Medium tenders on hand, think I'll add a medium steam in one of them.  Does anyone have a suggestion for the speaker?  Tonys seems to have a good selection.

Tim

Bob

Use one of the new Hi-Bass speakers, especially if you only have room for one.

I recently installed one with a Tsunami in an H0 pacific and it sounds as good
as my on30 2-8-0's with twin regular speakers.
I am going to use them in my on30 4-4-0's which have very small tenders.

You may want to consider a micro Tsunami for space reasons, they handle .75a .

Tim Anders
Souderton,PA

Yampa Bob

Thanks,Tim
I listened to the "Hi-Bass" demo at Tonys, does sound pretty good. I have lots of room for the one amp version in my tenders, and they are about $15 cheaper.

My first experience with sound was factory equipped, I was not pleased with the source or quality.  Hopefully I can improve it with a custom install. I am not an audiophile, but I want the sound to be somewhat realistic. 

Tim

Bob

The Tsunami has an audio equalizer that allows you to alter the sound
to suit your acoustic taste.

Tim Anders
Souderton,PA

Yampa Bob

Yes, now I remember the tech at Soundtraxx mentioning that. I only have the EZ Command at the present, but if I get into this sound thing, I will probably pick up a Power Cab for decoder adjustments.

I'm not one for jumping into things, but reading the forum has given me lots of inspiration.  At least I learned what NOT to do.  :D

pdlethbridge

If you jump to the NCE power cab you'll love it and ask yourself why you didn't get it first.

Yampa Bob

Hey Paul,
I've been hinting for a Power Cab for Christmas. If I'm extra nice and Santa delivers, will you teach me how to use it? Of course I'll have the buttons in braille.  :D

Oh darn, Santa says I have to be nice to you too.  >:(

They should make a unit that talks, that would be cool. They would have to include a few expletives to keep me in line.   ;D

pdlethbridge

I don't think you'd respond well to audio like," Wrong button, you big dummy" "What?, you blind?" "You come from the shallow end of the gene pool?"
I don't believe in Santa, so I can be as rotten to you as I like ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
You say your not one to jump into things, so whats that brown stuff on your boot? ??? ??? ???

Tim

Bob

If you do get the PowerCab, and I highly recommend it, also get the USB adaptor.

With JMRI's Decoder Pro software on your computer you can program anything with ease.

If you need any help my E-Mail is right there with my name.

I know that you unlike most people read the manuals, so you should be ok.

Tim L. Anders
Souderton, PA

Yampa Bob

Paul
If you remember I stomped on you last week. Oh, sorry, Santa is watching.  ;D

Tim
Thanks for the offer, I have the manual on my puter so I can enlarge the print. I'm not a tinkerer, if it works I don't break it.

Your email addy is hidden, only you can see it when you are logged in.

Tim

Bob

My E-Mail is gone

Thanks Joe & Bob

Tim L. Anders
Souderton,PA