News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Recreating places on Sodor

Started by superthomasfan, September 24, 2008, 07:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Sorry. Btw StanierJack, have you seen my w.i.p. RWS Annie?

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on September 29, 2008, 08:48:39 AM
It's the shipping for me, and also, he's right about the weak value of a dollar, the currency equal is pretty fair amount. But the shipping has it for me. :-\
Same here, but I usually save some extra bucks for Shipping and Handling, having the stuff is worth it in the end. Some Hornby models I prefer over Bachmann, but had they done a better job with Percy, Toby and Edward, I would of went for them. But instead I just go with Bachmann. Either way, you pay a few extra bucks, but you get a better result.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Yeah, if the Bachmann Percy had an open cab(and the Hornby one's face), it'd be perfect. The chassis is WAY more accurate.
Example-Valve gear:
Bachmann-existant
Hornby-practically nonexistant :D

Santa Fe buff

Sparks,
What about return postage? If it has a problem, that will create another problem with shipping again. :o

Yet Hornby is a bit better.
- Joshua Bauer

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on October 01, 2008, 07:36:15 PM
Sparks,
What about return postage? If it has a problem, that will create another problem with shipping again. :o

Yet Hornby is a bit better.
I've yet to have any trouble with such a thing. If you buy from Ebay, I think most shops have a 7 Day Return/Refund. Not sure. But my Bachmann Junior came with a wobbly buffer which eventually came off. Nothing a little modeling can't fix, heck detailing it up would be intresting. Most of my items I bought so far are second hand anyway, and some I'll probaly just use as spare parts someday, but not worth sending back. My Goods Van did come detached from its wheel base though due to shipping, but all I needed to do was put it back in place and its fine. :)

Santa Fe buff

True, everyone needs a spare part here and there. ;)
- Joshua Bauer