Are RR cars with Dimensional Detail a viable option for a "roadname"?

Started by John Murphy, February 03, 2007, 10:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Murphy

When I was in another scale in the 1970's-1980's, a model railroad car and coupler company came out with RR cars without roadnames/numbers, but all the car's data was there.  This would be great for those of us who either have custom roadnames or who need strings of cars with different roadnames/numbers than those offered.

ben_not_benny

Hmm. I haven't seen any of those cars in years, but I did know someone made them.

VTBob

walthers still makes (or until recently) DATA only cars in bulk packs, like Bowser used to.

Zytx
R. Montanye
Montanye Models, St. Albans, Vermont

jschmid

accurail offers freight car kits with painted freight cars with data applied,  www.accurail.com

the Bach-man

Dear John,
I am hoping to add data only cars to the lines. I'll keep you all posted.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Paul M.

I've seen some of those at train shows and on the web. It would make it a LOT easier to letter your car . ::)

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

GlennW

Would it be possible to do Standard Line cars with a simplified paint scheme, then use Plus or Spectrum lines for fancier paint schemes?
I'd like to see Bachmann have a line of TrainMan inexpensive cars that could be sold at the LHS for bottom prices. They could be painted in basic colors like black or BCR.  ???

ben_not_benny

Bachmann can introduce more details, if they're going to do a Spectrum line for cars.

Hoople

Quote from: John Murphy on February 03, 2007, 10:11:11 PM
When I was in another scale in the 1970's-1980's, a model railroad car and coupler company came out with RR cars without roadnames/numbers, but all the car's data was there.  This would be great for those of us who either have custom roadnames or who need strings of cars with different roadnames/numbers than those offered.
That sounds useful for me.
-Hoople-

Modeling UP, SP, and D&RGW in colorado between 1930 and 1960.

GIVE US HARRIMAN STEAMERS BACHMANN!