News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 pictures

Started by Frisco, October 08, 2008, 12:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frisco

Hi, there is a new picture of the  2-6-6-2 in the latest Bachmann newsletter lettered for Little River Lumber CO. . It looks really nice.

smcgill

Well  ???
We thought that you brought it up you would have pics ???

Jon D. Miller

Why? :P

It's in the newsletter.  Too much effort to look at the newsletter? :o

Or, a very similar picture of the Mallet, unlettered, in the photo gallery.

But then going there to see the picture would take a couple of extra key strokes! ;D
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

calenelson

I agree, the externals look fab in the photos...the internals have yet to be seen.

cale

az2rail

Thanks for posting those pictures. I got the/a newsletter, but it did not have pictures of what each engine will look like.

I preordered a black unlettered one, but switched it to the unlettered with red windows and white trim. I don't know how much I like the white trim on the wheels, but once lettered, I am sure I will be very pleased with it.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Frisco

Thanks for the extra pictures. I did not post a picture because I use Dial Up (just for one more week) so it takes about 3 hours to upload a picture. Now I just need to build the railroad to run it on......

calenelson

No sweat! Took more than a few keystrokes, but to see them together in one place was much easier than trying to take it all in from the prod section one at a time.

cale 

scottychaos

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on October 08, 2008, 08:51:41 AM
Why? :P

It's in the newsletter.  Too much effort to look at the newsletter? :o

Or, a very similar picture of the Mallet, unlettered, in the photo gallery.

But then going there to see the picture would take a couple of extra key strokes! ;D

yes, it is too much effort to look at the newsletter if you dont have it! ;)
or have never heard of it..
or have no idea what it even is..
all three apply to me..

probably 1% of the people reading this thread have this newsletter of which you speak.

Scot

az2rail

If you look on the left side of your screen, you will see the link for the newsletter sign up.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Jon D. Miller

Wow,

The information is right there in the sidebar.  And in English, no less.  But to sign up would take a few key strokes.

JD

Superheater

The 2-6-6-2 is certainly very nice looking in those photos.  I am anxious to see one in person.  I notice that some of the larger stores now show the Davenport as "in stock" so, whatever the hold up was with delivery it has now been resolved.

November is just a few short weeks away. Is delivery still a go to the regular folks, or will JD be the lucky exception again?  I must say his reviews are informative and enlightening.

John Fitch

Jon D. Miller

John,
Don't know about luck. ;)

What I have done is place a standing order with my dealer for any new Bachmann release.  The dealer, in turn, places the order with his distributor well in advance of expected delivery dates.

The Biles-Coleman has been on order with the distributor since the model was first announced.  Using this method we usually receive one of the first new items shipped. 

I understand that many folks don't want to chance ordering a new model before they see it in the "flesh."  I'm willing to take my chances with a new model as it first comes on the market.  Been doing this for years.  Any problem the new model may have has always been handled by Bachmann in a very satisfactory manner.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD