How to hook up 5 amp power booster to Dynamis DCC System.

Started by sgntbilko, October 08, 2008, 10:05:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgntbilko

I am running the Dynamis DCC setup and have purchased the 5amp power booster.  Have watched the CD which comes with the Booster but it does not explain how to hook up the booster to the Dynamis ( I could also have been sleeping at the time).   I have also had to purchase a step down for the booster due the difference in power from the USA and Australia.   

Can anyone assist me with how to correctly hook up the booster to the DCC Dynamis.

I know its a dumb question, but not being in the game that long, thought it was a reasonable question.

Many thanks all.

the Bach-man

Dear Sarge,
The booster is daisy chained between an EZ Command and the track. Presumably the Dynamis will as well; I"ll check to make sure.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

sgntbilko

pdlethbridge

sgntbilko

Many Thanks for your assistance in this matter.  Appreciated.

Sgntbilko

Tim

Paul

"Does this work with Power-Cab as well?"

Answer: No!

With Power-Cab the cab buss is connected to the booster, and the booster
to the track.  The track connection to the Power-Cab is removed.

Read the manual.

Tim L. Anders
Souderton, PA

pdlethbridge

power cab==== booster ===== track
command station  ==== booster ===== track
Sounds the same to me, Tim
The power cab has a connection that is 6 wires that connects to a small unit ( cab bus ) that connects to the track That small unit is then connected to the booster  and the booster is connected to the track.

Tim

Paul

Read what Hunt said, the "dynamis" track output goes to the booster then to the track.

The "Dynamis" does not have a cab buss like Power-Cab and others.

With Power-Cab the track output is only used for the programming track when a booster
is connected.

Track output and cab buss are not the same thing.

Tim L. Anders
Souderton, PA

pdlethbridge