News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

How EVO ESCs work?

Started by rperego, October 10, 2008, 07:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rperego

I asked Evolution RC these questions but haven't received a response.  The questions apply to the ESCs where you can use existing an existing TX/RX.

1.  How does reversing work?  Does a TX need a switch or can one of the sticks be used?

2.  Do they have LVC (low voltage cutoff) that can be set for various batteries?

3.  Do they include a BEC and if so what voltage and amperage rating?

Thanks, Bob

calenelson

I've tried to contact Tony a few times this week too, he is having a devil of a time responding (some AU Email problem).... :(

Tony Walsham

Hi Bob.

I have replied but your ISP is picking up my E mails as spam.  They get bounced.  I have no idea why.

If you could provide me with another way of contacting you I will do so.

The short answer to your questions.

1.  The Left Hand Channel # 2 stick is used for both acceleration and braking in both directions.  Depending on which EVO ESC is used, the RH channel # 1 stick can be used for triggering sound systems.

2.  No they don't.  They were designed before Lithium batteries became available.  As I understand it such low voltage detectors are built into many Lithium battey packs.

3.  Yes BEC is included.  The EVO ESC provides the 5 volt logic voltage for the receiver part.  This is rated about 1 amp and can also handle extra servos.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).

rperego

Tony - I only have one Email address so this will do.

Another question: - how does the forward reverse work off just the left stick? - and if it is like using variable pitch props where center is "neutral", is there much granularity in the speed control?

Thanks, Bob

Tony Walsham

Unfortunately the Bachmann message service does not work so I will post here for now.

Hello Bob.

EVO Speed control is not digital proportional.

The channel # 2 stick is moved one way ot the other until the loco starts to accelerate.  Let the stick go when the desired speed is reached.  Speed is automatically maintained.
To slow loco down move stick the opposite way.
To reverse let stick go then move the oppostite way to forwards untildesired speed is reached then let stick go.

I would respectfully suggest you read up on the EVO instructions at the EVO website.  They are in downloadable pdf format and should answer all your questions.

I have no idea what you mean by "granularity".

Best wishes. 

Tony Walsham.

PS. If you are a member at MLS or LSC please let me know.  I can message through them instead of stretching the friendship of the Bachmann forum.
Tony Walsham
Founding member of the battery Mafia.

(Remote Control Systems).