Eau Claire, WI Train Show Oct. 11-12, 2008 (Late Notice - Sorry)

Started by Joe Satnik, October 11, 2008, 11:23:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Satnik

Dear All,

The Indanhead Model Railroad Club is having its 7th Annual Train Show

today, Saturday Oct. 11, 2008, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.

and Sunday, Oct. 12, 2008, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

Regis High School
2100 Fenwick Avenue
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Admission: $5
Kids under 12 free with adult.

$1 off admission with non-perishable food item donation for local food bank.

Concessions provided by Boy Scouts.

Sellers, Displays and Operating Layouts (N thru Large scales)

Hey, WGL, can ya get there?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

WGL

I didn't see your notice until now, 1 a.m., Sunday.  Would I rather see your train show or mow the lawn?   :D  I'll see what the wife says.  I am hoping to learn about the next train show here in Menomonie in time to attend.  I heard that there was one last April. 

Joe Satnik

Dear WGL,

The Grass is usually too wet from dew to cut in the morning.  (Mantra: "The lawn can wait, the lawn can wait......")

The "Happy Grandparents" show has been around for about 5 years, usually in April.

The Model Railroader website has an "Events" calendar that you can check next March. 

The Happy Grandparents are at this show, I suppose you could just ask them for the 2009 date.   

I'll be at the Eau Claire show today, Sunday from 10 a.m. to about 12:30 p.m.

It would be great to meet you.

Charlie in the "Model Trains Classics Plus" table area in the NW corner of the gym should be able to point me out.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik   
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

WGL

Dear Joe,

You are right: our dog's feet were wet from the grass at noon.  I didn't get on the computer to see your message before we left at 1 for the train show.  I asked someone if you were there, & he said you weren't.  I took some pictures.  A man asked me to photograph his Challenger & e-mail him a copy.  I agreed, & he left to get it.  I was there for another 15-20 minutes but did not see him return.  Back home, I found a picture of the Challenger for the first time & realized why he thought I'd enjoy seeing it; it is big & impressive.

I was hoping to meet a hobbyist from Menomonie but didn't get to talk with many people.

I'd brought my GN Spectrum DS45 DCC in hope that someone might be selling sound decoders & could install one, but there seemed to be nobody selling them.

I did get an ad for the next "Happy Grandparents" show in Menomonie; it is next April 18th & 19th.