News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Will there be a Sam's Club 09 train?

Started by tfman, October 17, 2008, 07:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfman

I have used the search feature...for this item.
Have I missed something????
Will there be a Club train this year?

Sorry, I had forgotten about my August post but Question still remains.....

the Bach-man

Dear tfman,
Not as far as I know.
Sorry!
the Bach-man

Joe Satnik

Dear tfman,

I think you meant '08 in the subject line. 

I don't know how many people liked last year's ('07) LED set.  They may have lost money. 

If you are interested,  I have an unopened, sealed in the box '06 "Holiday Special" (4-6-0 Annie) Passenger Train and Trolley Set, plus new

never-been-run "set break up" individual pieces, which I intend to list on e-bay soon.

"Expand your consist." 

For more info:  joebarbATwwtDOTnet.

Thanks. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik 
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

nak56

Sure sounds like no SAM'S Club set this year. So Bach man next year how about instead of a North pole and southern set  Give us something like the CNW 400, Milwaukee Hiawatha or one of the other big name trains.   

Joe Satnik

Dear nak56,

What scale/gauge are you asking for?

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

nak56

JOe I am asking and looking for a "G" scale train Thanks Norm

calenelson

Quote from: calenelson on October 24, 2008, 02:35:17 PM
Check Boscovs

Nevermind, there appears to have been a $60 increase overnight on set I was referencing!From $99 to $159...ouch...! ???

http://www.largescalecentral.com/LSCForums/viewtopic.php?pid=78046#p78046

Speaking of Starter Sets...Hey Bach-man, I wonder if we'll ever see a Davenport with V dump cars set?

Joe Satnik

I assume you mean that you want to run on "G" track, aka "Gauge 1" or "45mm" track. 

The prototypes that you mention run on standard gauge (4ft 8-1/2 in.) track.

USA Trains and Aristo-Craft make 1:29 scale models for standard gauge prototypes (slightly off scale/gauge combination).

MTH and Marklin make 1:32 scale models for standard gauge prototypes (exact scale/gauge combination.)

Bachmann only models Narrow Gauge prototypes in 1:22.5 and 1:20.3 for "G" track. (No standard gauge prototypes.) 

LGB started "G" scale, or 1:22.5, which is the correct scale for models of "meter" gauge (european) prototypes running on "G" track.   (1 meter = 39.37")  Bachmann chose 1:22.5 scale for its "Big Hauler" line, fudging a little as the prototypes (eg. Tweetsie 4-6-0 steam loco) are 3 ft. gauge.

Bachmann's 1:20.3 - Gauge 1 Spectrum line is the exact scale/gauge combo for models of 3 ft. narrow gauge prototypes running on 45mm track. 

So, if you want a CNW 400 or a Hiawatha running on "G" track, you will have to go to 1:32 or 1:29 scale from another manufacturer.

Hope this helps. 

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik       

kybaugh

I posted this on another thread, so I apoplogize for repeating myself here, but I just have to express my disappointment upon hearing that there will be no Sams Club Holiday set this year.

As I see it, if the Bachmann Company only made one new train set per year, that train set should be a Christmas Train set.

I remember a Christmas long ago, when an eight year old boy came down the stairs to find a brand new Lionel set making laps around the Christmas tree.  It was a Christmas I'll always cherish.

Having children of my own, I recognize the look on their faces when they see that new train set circling the tree on Christmas morning.  It is a moment, and a memory, that will stay with them throught their lives.

I find it unconscionable, that there will be no new large scale Christmas train offered by Bachmann this year.

The North Pole & Southern sets have been beautiful trains throughout their existence.  My favorite, is the 2005 North Star Express.  The maroon and gold color scheme is just magnificent.

I hate to see the end of the Sams Club Holiday sets, but I suppose all good things must pass.  It was great while it lasted and I feel fortunate to have a set from each year, but it is a tradition that should be carried on, regardless of whether or not Sams Club wants to sell them.

nak56

HI Joe I know about the difference but I have the Bachmann "G" scale ATLANTIC CITY BLUE COMENT all 4 cars and also the B&O ROYAL BLUE all 4 cars and they are both modeled from standard guage. I would like to see Bachmann reissue the 4-6-0's as ANNIES and both sets were purchased at SAM's club at Christmas time. Norm   

JLyans

QuoteI find it unconscionable, that there will be no new large scale Christmas train offered by Bachmann this year.

Bachmann only produces a "Sam's Club" set if Sam's Club contracts with them to provide the set.

I don't understand why folks are so enamored of this set every year. You can go to a hobby store and purchase a new set every year if you want and not have to repaint the gaudy colors as many do.  I've also seen really nice Anniversary 4-6-0's in basic black or other road names with the full valve gear for about $99 - 120 available from various retailers. And they run around the Christmas tree just as well.

Maybe someone can explain their passion for these sets?

calenelson

I've bought a few, main reason was price point (though skipped the LED thingy last year!  :P)...although I've traded out most all the Stock, for something else it's a good way to build the Empire.  I have 2 Annies left from the 05 sets one converted to Battery the other awaiting a Thomas Conversion...good point there, don't we wish Bachmann could obtain the LS Rights to Thomas!? :o

The Dec 26th price was another good reason if I may be so bold

Me, Enamored?-NO, but I do believe it's a good way to get folks into the LS Train Hobby!

cale

JLyans

If the price is that good.....I can understand that.  The Anniversary 4-6-0 is a great runner and a terrific value even if Sam's Club doesn't have them. I can sure live without those paint jobs though. But that is just my opinion.

Mark Oles

Guys,

I saw that Bass Pro Shops have a Bachmann set this year.  I think the paint scheme is really pretty good.

Mark

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_103300_700012000_700000000_700012000_700-12-0