News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

ebay

Started by Daylight4449, October 23, 2008, 05:46:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guilford Guy

Looks like it could be the new version, but I wouldn't buy that lot. Its mostly junk.
Alex

Pacific Northern

Grading :  C-6 Very Good

But, it is graded as very good. 
Pacific Northern

Daylight4449

It was relisted at $40 or best offer without the coaches

Guilford Guy

Its not worth it... It looks like an old AHM C Liner is mixed in there, an older Bachmann F unit, a Mantua 0-4-0, and a RDC3, all of which run poorly. Unless you really want it, I'd buy something of much better quality, with a warranty from "The Favorite Spot."
Alex

Daylight4449

Ive been doing reaserch, the steam is new, the a unit is new in factr i have one and it has dcc and the rest i can't be sure of.

Guilford Guy

How do you know the F unit is new? It appears to have Talgo, Truck Mounted Horn Hooks. Characteristic of out of production ATSF F units.
Alex

Jim Banner

Quote from: Pacific Northern on October 24, 2008, 07:57:03 PM
Grading :  C-6 Very Good

But, it is graded as very good. 

If the seller is using TCA grading, then all he is saying is that these units are is very good cosmetic condition.  He is saying nothing about their running condition.  A locomotive could have stripped gears and a burned out motor and still grade C-6.

If the seller is not a member of TCA then C-6 Very Good can mean anything the seller chooses it to mean.  If you want to know about running condition, email the seller and ask.  But make sure you email him through your eBay account and that he answers through eBay as well.  This way eBay has a record of what you asked and what he answered, if a dispute ever arises.

Like Guilford Guy, I have had very favorable dealings with The Favorite Spot.  Not only are his prices good, but he is a bona fide dealer which means that manufacturers' warranties apply.  If you do your own repairs, this may not be a problem for you.  If not, it could be a major consideration.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

Frisco

Looks like junk to me. ;D The Favorite Spot is great and I buy from them all the time.

Stephen D. Richards

Ditto to Kim and Frisco!   Stephen