News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

a place for NCE help

Started by pdlethbridge, October 26, 2008, 04:41:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

richG

Good DCC group. There are other model railroad & DCC groups on Yahoo. I belong to twelve MRR Yahoo groups. Lots of good info and some times cross checks between info on different groups. Yahoo has Many different subject groups.
Yahoo groups have a Files, Photo and Links section with loads of data.

Rich

Yampa Bob

Good idea and a great link, now if I could only read.   >:(

Seriously, I have considered a Power Cab at times, especially now that I am experimenting with sound.  I recently installed a Tsunami diesel in a AC4400, the motor is much too loud and the horn too weak and distant sounding.  The loco starts moving before the engine sound throttles up, etc. With the built in reverb, and 15 other horn effects, I imagine the Cab could tailor the sound and throttle synchronization to my liking.

For normal operation, I still prefer the simplicity of my EZ Command. I can operate by touch and never look at the controller, except for a glance to make sure the function light is flashing.  But don't give up trying, I'm beginning to weaken.  8)

My major problem is that after a lifetime of scrimping, saving and self denial, now I can afford the Cab, but just too stingy.  My usual approach is to get my wife to buy something for me (with her money).  I recently hinted about the Cab, her comment was "I don't think you need that, but it's your money".  Yeah right, make me feel guilty.  :D

The only reason I have the two AC4400 is because she saw them at the store and said "I want you to have those".  I never argue with the "CEO".
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

richG

Consider joining the Yahoo SounTraxx group. There is a lot of good discussion of the Tsunami diesel decoder and speakers. Bruce from Litchfield Station is there as well as Rick Bell of DCC Sales and Installs. There are some others with a lot of hands on experience with decoders. Many SoundTraxx manuals are in the Files section with decoder installations showing up in the Photos section. Diesel decoder installations are slowly showing up. The Bachmann forums are ok but there is a lot of good model railroad info in other groups.
I know you are on dial up so I do not know how it will work out for you. Only the group administrator can post photos to the group which is sort of rare. People either put in a link to a photo, add the photos to the photos section or use asomething like photo bucket. If someone puts a link to a photo, usually I have to clcik on the link to see the photo. The photo does not open automatically which can be tough for dial up.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/soundtraxx/

Rich

Yampa Bob

Rich
I have a new computer, and I accessed the site just fine. Thanks for the link.

I learned a lot about the Tsunami by visiting on the phone with tech support at Soundtraxx. They are patient, helpful and very thorough in explaining things. 

For example, my AC4400 stopped running a couple times, and the headlight started flashing.  I counted the number of flashes, (built in diagnostic) then called Soundtraxx.  It was a simple feedback problem, I moved a few wires around and problem solved.  The Tsunami will tell you what the problem is, how cool is that?
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.