News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Need Help

Started by NEGRETE, October 26, 2008, 08:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NEGRETE

I have a Baldwinn Locomotive Works July 33938 1912 "Philadelphia U.S.A." , made by Bachmann -
Train that I am trying to find information on.

It belonged to my late Uncle Bob, I know nothing about the train, need help with how do you know the size of the guage, and how do I price the train for selling it, my Uncle had 12 locomotives with about 27 cars and 5 bosuses (sorry if I spelled that wrong)

Help please

Tim
:o

calenelson

how "big" is it?  how many wheels does it have?  what road-name and color?  with a little more information I'm sure some could help out.

cale

Kevin Strong

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say that's the 1:20 2-8-0 "consolidation." What you're reading is the "builder's plate" on the smokebox of the locomotive, which is what all real locomotive manufacturers put on their boilers. It really doesn't describe any aspect of the model, though it is a good identification tool. 

In the most generic sense, the train is "G" scale, or "large scale." A more accurate description would be Bachmann "Spectrum" 2-8-0. If you're looking to sell the collection, I'd list everything as "G-scale" or "large scale," since that's the common reference to the size. Then snap a digital picture of each piece to send to interested parties. They'll be able to tell from the photo what each piece is, simply because they're in the hobby and familiar with the products.

Later,

K

Loco Bill Canelos

Tim if you can post pictures of any of the Bachmann Items I can probably identify them for you!   You can also look on Ebay and check out the pictures.   

If you can't post pictures you can email the pictures to me and I will help if I can.

Just click on my name to email me if you wish.  You will definitely do better selling the items seperaterly as opposed to selling the entire lot at once. 

Good Luck
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!