To Bachmann: Question about continued road name availability

Started by CMB, October 28, 2008, 12:04:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CMB

How is Bachmann planning to work with road names that Williams regularly had available?  Will all the former road names still be available, or is there a business plan to rotate road names every year (couple years?), or to discontinue certain road names?

As an example, Williams used to have the Florida East Coast road name available in 60' Aluminum Luxury Liner passenger cars and F-7 AA diesels.  This road name is no longer available on the current the Bachmann website.  I was hoping to add this road name to my roster.

There are a couple of smaller road names I would like to add, but I don't want to purchase an engine (or passenger cars) one year only to find that next year the road name has been discontinued and I can't complete the set.

Thank you.

3rail

Hi CMB,

We will rotate the prior roadnames, but we do not have a set timetable for rotating the roadnames.  The best time to find the FEC trains would be now.   There are still dealers out there with inventory from last year's catalog.  I will send you some suggestions by email off board.

Regards,

3rail

DominicMazoch

3R:

Once the rotationan is known, could you advise us what names will be out for the next year.  With budgets tight, we can plan for purchases.

Or, have you considered pre-order for names.  If WBB gets so many for XYZ RR, or XYZ RR Phase A paint scheme, you would produce it.

(Borrowing some concerpts from the magazine EXTRA 2200 SOUTH.)

3rail

Hi Dominic,

We will determine the roadnames when we assemble the new catalog for each year.  I cannot say that you will see Road X every three years or a set timetable.

As far as the preorder system many hobbyists are no longer pre-ordering so if we depended on pre-orders, you might never see certain roadnames.  I have found that most orders are received after the item is in stock.

Regards,

3rail