News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Removing Brass Clips on 0-6-0t board

Started by hotrainlover, October 27, 2008, 05:43:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

Dear board,
I am in the process of wiring a decoder in this loco.  I have the instructions from the earlier forums and they are GREAT instructions..  But they all say to remove these brass strips that are on the Board.  For anyone that has put a decoder in this unit.  Do you just pull them off, or are they "hard" to remove?  I want to ask before I mess with the board.
Thanks for the info...

Yampa Bob

I downloaded the PDF file from Digitrax knowledge base, do you want me to send it to you?

It just says "remove the brass shorting strips from the front", maybe the pictures will help.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

richG

I popped the clips off of my 44 ton PC board using a finger nail. Quite easy to remove. Can be difficult to find the clips if it flies.

Rich

hotrainlover

Thanks for the replies.  I have the PBF on the conversion to DCC, I just wanted to make sure that I could just "pop off" the pins, without hurting the board!!

Thanks again for the help.

Here I GO..... 

I hope my hands will be steady!!!

hotrainlover

Dear Bachmann,

THANK YOU!!!  For a fantastic engine!!  I just finished installing a DZ125 decoder into this engine, and it runs GREAT!!

I was so intimidated having to solder onto the small board that is in this unit, but all is well!!

It took me 15 minutes to have this beauty ready to work the yard....

Thanks to all who have inspired me to tackle this project.  (Whether they knew they did or not)

Again, thanks for a superb engine!!

hotrainlover

Daylight4449

Man, I wish they still made tht engine...

hotrainlover

Daylight,
Try Trainworld..  They had they about 2 weeks ago, ...According to their advertisement

They are the ones that I purchased this one through.