A little early morning inspiration........

Started by WoundedBear, November 03, 2008, 11:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoundedBear

I just love stumbling across little jewels like this. The picture is taken a few miles outside of Edmonton. Obviously, the building isn't used as a mill any longer, but the tracks are still there....sort of....buried in the hay.

Enjoy!

Sid

pdlethbridge

Don't let George Sellios get a hold of that picture ;D

Yampa Bob

That's cool
I think it said "Milled from washed wheat" before the window was added.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

WoundedBear

That's exactly what it said, Bob.

I've been driving past this place for years....it's near the bodyshop that does our hotrods. Always thought in back of my mind to snap a shot, then I actually had the camera with me a week or so back.

I'll see about a shot of the same place once the 40 below and 4 feet of snow show up. It's just as pretty on a bright sunny winter's day as it is in fall.

The old deserted CP lines are a laugh......my buddy was concerned about me blowin across the tracks in my truck when we went out there. LOL. Once I stopped and showed him the well developed birch and spruce trees growing in the middle of the line he quit worrying.

And yes....I stop for railroad crossings....I'm not an idiot. This one has absolutely no chance of ever suddenly becoming active.

Sid

SteamGene

So how many well developed tree trunks does it take t stop a locomotive?  One redwood, I'm sure.  But trees growing between the ties?
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Here in west Michigan last summer, a little used line took an engine to the end of the line to retrieve stored cars. The engine was litterally walked along. Passing between houses and a lake the engine litterally cut sod as the lawns were well developed. At driveway crossings they had to dig about four inches of gravel. Don't know about  trees as those had been brushed out prior to the trip. I am sure the rails will be scrapped out soon.

bevernie

Where is this at? Is the well-pump for sale?
                                              THANX!!
                                                Ernie
                                        North Carolina
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com

WoundedBear

Quote from: bevernie on November 10, 2008, 10:29:26 AM
Where is this at? Is the well-pump for sale?
                                              THANX!!
                                                Ernie
                                        North Carolina

Read the first post again Ernie. It's tells you where the photo was snapped. You could probably go unbolt the pump some night....lol...there isn't anyone around the place....hasn't been used in ages. You up for the drive? LMAO.

Sid

bevernie

Yes, thank you, I realize that the post said, "Edmonton"... but, please pardon my stupidity, where is "Edmonton"? Colorado? Montana? New Jersey?                                                                     THANX!!
                                                                                   Ernie

grumpy

Edmonton is closer to the North Pole than Montana is .
Don ;)

Yampa Bob

Is the building being used for anything, like storage? It's a shame to abandon a nice building.

Does Edmonton have a Historical Preservation Society?
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

bevernie

Quote from: grumpy on November 11, 2008, 12:12:50 AM
Edmonton is closer to the North Pole than Montana is .
Don ;)

:o  Well, I guess that means it's not Kentucky!!
                                                                                    THANX!!
                                                                                      Ernie   

WoundedBear

Quote from: bevernie on November 10, 2008, 10:44:46 PM
Yes, thank you, I realize that the post said, "Edmonton"... but, please pardon my stupidity, where is "Edmonton"? Colorado? Montana? New Jersey?                                                                     THANX!!
                                                                                   Ernie

Edmonton is in Alberta, Ernie.

Sid