News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

digitrax question

Started by adari, November 04, 2008, 01:24:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adari

My ut4 radio equipped model is not working when i put a 9 volt battery in. The battery worked fine in my dt 400 radio.  My ut4 radio is showing green at first in the status circle but then i turn the loco address bar while its plugged in (because it wont worked if you dont plug it in) but then it changes to red.
any suggestions
adari

Ps sorry about the one i put in the ho section

r0bert

you turn the address knobs to select a loco while the UT4 is NOT PLUGGED IN
After selecting loco number, then you plug it in to aquire loco.

Jim Banner

What r0bert suggest also works for the UT4R throttle.  This and other aspects of operating the UT4R are covered in the manual.  It even tells you how to put your throttle to sleep without ever having to open the battery compartment.  As you may be suspecting by now, knowing how to operate your DT400R does not automatically mean you know how to operate your UT4R.

Having said all that, the UT4R is a great little throttle.  For operating sessions, I prefer it to the the DT400R because I can concentrate more on my assigned train without having to worry about all the extra knobs and buttons.  It does not replace the 400 because we do, after all, need to change CVs from time to time as well as turn the power on and off and do all those other useful things that the UT4 cannot do.
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.

adari

I have one more question is there a way to turn off dt400r. i dont want to keep taking out the battery on that one

Jim Banner

No, there isn't.  But you can turn the battery over (NOT end for end!!) and put it back in.  Then protective circuitry within the DT400R keeps the reversed battery from discharging and you always know where it is when you need it.  Just be careful sliding the battery door on and off.  They break rather easily and are hard to replace (Digitrax does not have a supply of spares.)
Growing older is mandatory but growing up is optional.