News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Consolidation Gear Parts #

Started by lqdsky, November 16, 2008, 11:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lqdsky

I have a consolidation with a cracked gear. I can not find my parts diagram to get the parts number. Can someone that has there parts diagram, tell me what the part number is. It is the first Gear, that is visible when you take off the gear cover on the 3rd axel.

It's a bummer. I purchased it earlier in the year, when most online vendors were closing them out. It only had 1 hour of tun time, before it stopped moving. The gear is cracked through and is not grasping the teeth on the axel.

Is this something that I have to order through the service dept?
Barry's rupgrade would be ideal, but is out of my budget at the moment.

Thank You

Ralph

Loco Bill Canelos

Since you bought it new you could return it to Bachmann for Warranty repair.  Give service a call at the non 800 number.  If you describe the parts well they will not need a part number.  Use 215-533-1600 and ask for the service manager, to see what your options are. 
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Cascade Northern

From the diagrams that I got with my 2-8-0, it shows that there are three gears in the gearbox.  From your post, you want the first visible gear after removing the cover around the 3rd axle, so its part number is: *0AY02

That is exactly from the diagram, not sure what the "*" is for cause only some parts have it.

Barry BBT

Ralph,

Thanks for the reference, but I'm not quite ready.  The drill jigs are finished and are being checked out individually, and will be checked out by each individual part to the major assembly.

Current target is mid December to mid January.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.