Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

overland limited locomotive

Started by dandaman98, October 18, 2008, 12:26:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dandaman98

was there any such thing as No.806? ???

Joe Satnik

If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.

Car Bud

A photograph of the UP FEF northern showing UP 806 shows that the Overland Limited 806 in the Bachmann trainset does not quite resemble the original engine.If the HO 806 is in fact a a repro of a real engine then which one of the UP 484s does it resemble?It looks more like one of the later 484s like a higher 800 number.And if so why did Bachmann choose to number its UP engine #806?It was a step in the right direction since the previous 806 was a clone of ATSF 's 3700 class locos.I guess I would have to change the gray paint scheme to overall black to match the UP 806 as it was for real.

Running Bear

Quote from: Car Bud on November 03, 2008, 01:08:10 PMif so why did Bachmann choose to number its UP engine #806?
Artistic license. They used a design they already had rather than spend a huge amount of money on tooling for an accurate version.
Running Bear

TexasChief

Quote from: KCS 1 on November 03, 2008, 02:22:40 PM
Quote from: Car Bud on November 03, 2008, 01:08:10 PMif so why did Bachmann choose to number its UP engine #806?
Artistic license. They used a design they already had rather than spend a huge amount of money on tooling for an accurate version.

Many years ago, Bachmann used the ATSF 4-8-4 Northern for the Overland. Today they use the NYC 4-8-4 Niagra without "Elephant Ears" for this engine.

Dick
Texas Chief
Santa Fe All The Way!

Frisco

It would be really great if they started using the new DCC 4-8-4's in it.

Car Bud

Does the Bachmann Overland 806 4-8-4 Niagara with the grey skin and yellow trim make a realistic train pulling a set of Union Pacific yellow 6 axle heavyweight coaches? Was such a passenger train pulled by grey 4-8-4s or were the UP trains pulled by black FEFs such as the real 806 depicted in photos  provided earlier in this subject.If anyone knows which one it was I would like to know since I'm trying to make this train as real as possible. Thanks

Frisco

If you would like to make it as realistic as possible I would recomend that you get the Athearn FEF 4-8-4.