We are Veterans of America's Uniformed Services

Started by Dr EMD, November 11, 2008, 09:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr EMD

From the time I signed my DD form 1966 (enlistment contract) to my final DD form 214 (discharge certificate) 21 years later, I was among the best people America has to offer (I turned down alot of people when I was recruiting).

I got to railfan alot all over the world and looked for local hobby shops along the way. I never had a real layout as I had to pack every three years and move on. Yet I always look forward to joining another model railroad club at my new assignment.

So today I honor my fellow members of the uniform side of the Department of Defense, DHS's US Coast Guard, the uniformed medical people of the Public Health Service, and Commerce Department NOAA fleet.

Thanks to all ;)
Canada - It's your Remembrance Day too!

(Don't forget about the free dinner at the Goldern Corral Monday17 November)

Dr. EMD
USAF-Retired

Electro-Motive Historical Research
(Never employed by EMD at any time)

switchman

Here are two You Tube salutes in honor of our service men and women.
1) Remember me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

2) If I Die Before You wake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkkzNa2nlZI&feature=related

Remember them all on this their day.
See ya
Seitchman
Ya spins da wheel and sometime ya wins and sometime ya lose.

mtlatc

DR EMD

Thanks for serving. I will have 20 in the USAF in 290 days......

Matt

Stephen D. Richards

Dr. EMD, I echo your sentiments.  I will retire (my plan anyway) on 29 Dec 2011.  I will have 30 years in and would do it again in a heart beat.  My thanks and appreaciation to all those who served before me!  SMSgt Stephen D. Richards, Special Operations Command, Central, USAF

taz-of-boyds

Yep,

Thanks to my parents, you guys and everyone else who have sacrificed so much to keep us free and one of the safest places from those who hate our freedom!  As well as being a force for good in the world.

Thanks,
Charles

SteamGene

Well, I'm an army brat. Then I was army.  Then my son spent six years.  I assume that one or more of my grandchildren will march to the colors.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Yampa Bob

Today I stopped by the Grand Junction VAMC for a prescription refill.  The Grade School children had decorated the lobby and made hand colored cards for the veterans.  Someone made hundreds of delicious blueberry muffins.

The writing inside my card matched the large banner on the wall and signed by the "artist".

"THANKS FOR PROTECTING ME"   "LOVE, PHOEBE"
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

my doctors at the VA are all ways bugging me about showing up. Sigh :(