variation in message displays

Started by Mike, November 11, 2008, 04:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Why is it that some of the messages (such as the 2-6-6-2 thread in the large scale section) display so wide. I order to read it, I have to scroll right and left for each line? Most of the other messages are just fine. How about it, computer guys?- Mike

Yampa Bob

Mike,

Three reasons.  First, if someone posts a long link that can't be broken with an appropriate spacer and wrapped to the next line, the page has to go wide to make it fit. This is largely caused by those who leave spaces in filenames, and your browser replaces it with a "&20" code.

The second is caused by posters who don't know how to resize their images to reasonable dimensions.  It's very irritating as it requires readers to scroll back and forth.  I wish the webmaster would set the viewing pane to a maximum size to avoid the scrolling, then large content would be rejected.

Third, because many are on broadband and  have their screens set to such high resolution, that they don't realize the problems they cause to others, especially visually handicapped, who prefer lower resolution with larger print, and are on a dialup connection. 

Sometimes I can't even follow my own threads due to long links or extremely large pictures being added by others.  It's just something we have to live with.  >:(
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

pdlethbridge

Bob, I don't remember seeing one picture of a monster. ???

bevernie

Better read it again! He said "POSTERS", NOT "MONSTERS"!!!!LOL ;D
                                                                                            THANX!!
                                                                                              Ernie
www.3abn.com   www.amazingfacts.com    www.bibleinfo.com