News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Customer service....

Started by hotrainlover, November 22, 2008, 03:08:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrainlover

Dear Mr. B.
I recently inquired about the price for leading and trailing trucks for the 0-6-0.  I went through the Order Parts section on this site.  I DID receive parts in the mail yesterday.  The only problem, is that I asked for INFORMATION, and then would have decided to purchase the items; or not.  I have sent payment for the items, as I may have made the mistake...  My biggest concern, is that I was charged $5.00 shipping, when the price marked on the box was $1.68!!!

???

jayl1

That is probably the "flat rate" for shipping items under a certain dollar amount.  Postage + box & packing supplies + time for an employee to find & pack the item.

Most companies have a "minimum charge" for shipping.  Bachmann is not alone in this.  Many companies have a much higher charge.

Did they ship the parts before you paid?  If so, that is a very trusting company!

the Bach-man

Dear HOTL,
Give Bridget a call in service- she'll straighten it out.
Have fun
!the Bach-man

daveb

I also recently contacted Customer Service using the online form and was not expecting a quick response after reading messages posted here about them not replying to email requests. I was very pleasantly surprised to receive a parcel here in South Africa containing the parts, for which I had had no part number, about 10 days after my email.
The parts were shipped without payment, with an invoice stating how payment could be made.
The shipping & handling charge was far above the cost of the parts but unfortunately cannot be avoided, especially where International Post is concerned.

Thanks to Cynthia in Customer Service.

Dave.

peterherron

Cynthia is a doll.  She seems to be able to find stuff no one else can.  Now, if she'd drop the price on that Mogul tender from $40 to $20.....................................................!!  Hint, Hint!

Peter