News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

The long lost EBT 2-6-2 #11

Started by NKline, November 18, 2008, 12:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NKline

Hello Mr. Bach-man,

I have a request to be considered, I have had the EBT's 2-6-2 #11 on my mind alot lately and I would really like to see it produced in On30. I'd like to see it not only as an EBT fan but, personally, I think it is a neat little engine and I think it could be a big hit in the On30 world and I think it would look great on any On30 railroad.  What does everyone else think? Maybe with enough interest we can get one of these.

-Nathan

Tim

Nathan

Count me in.

Tim L. Anders
Souderton, PA

ebtnut

Just by way of a bit of history, no one seems to know where No. 11 went.  Roy Wilburn once showed me a photo of the loco and tender in a pair of gondolas being shipped somewhere.  We believe she was procured by the Army and sent somewhere during WWII, like some of the Rio Grande locos that went to Alaska.  We know that she didn't go the AK or to Hawaii.  Some believe she went to Cuba, but that is pure speculation. 

C.S.R.R. Manager

Maybe a schematic would help.  Looks like a winner to me.  Nice big drivers, but not a really long rigid wheelbase, making tight curves more feasible.

Interesting story about its mysterious fate.  It could still be out there somewhere, sitting quietly in a shed.  Not likely, but possible.

Manager

the Bach-man

Dear All,
She is a beauty...
Have fun!
the Bach-man

jayl1

While on the EBT topic - how about some ON30 2-8-2s??

NKline

I had heard, rumor only at this point, that MMI (Precision Scale's die cast division) would be willing to make an EBT 2-8-2 in On3 and On30 if they could get drawings and information to do it. I doubt anything like this would come from Bachmann, especially considering the talk from MMI, as they are big engines that would seem to be out of Bachmann's typical smaller prototype offerings and would require a larger On3 size radii. I just don't think it would sell well for them because it would only appeal to a very limited market. Also btsrr.com makes an On3 and On30 kit of #12 however I'm sure MMI's would be cheaper and RTR with factory paint to boot and BTS's supply of them is very erratic.

-Nathan

Quote from: jayl1 on November 22, 2008, 03:32:31 PM
While on the EBT topic - how about some ON30 2-8-2s??

ebtbob

Good Evening All,

Many of you know that I have wished for years that someone would do and EBT mike or #11.
        While the EBT mike is a bigger engine than those Bachmann does,   that is not a reason to do the engine.
         I have two of the MMI K27s and they both will go around 24 inch radius.   The secret is to enlarge the area where the wires go into the tender so they are not bound soooo tight.
         My two K27s have the Tsunami decoders installed in the boiler so there is only 2 wires going back into the tender.   The reduction in the number of wires is also a great help in allowing these engines to negotiate tighter radii than the stated 26 in minimum radius from the manufacturer.
         As for EBT equipment,   that may not be as far away as you may think.   I spoke to someone at the last Allentown train show,   a couple of weeks ago and something is in the winds which I have been asked not to make specific.   All I can ask you to do is be patient as I was told I would be contacted once initial castings were done and prices established.  I will say no more for now and do not try to pry the info out of me.   If I have not heard from the people by year's end I will contact them and ask what progress has been made and then report back here to this forum.   
Bob Rule, Jr.
Hatboro, Pa
In God We Trust
Not so much in Congress
GATSME MRRC - www.gatsme.org