News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

spectrum wishlist

Started by HOplasserem80c, March 14, 2007, 09:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOplasserem80c

ok here you can post trains you think would make good spectrum engines. a engine i would like to see as a spectrum is a
s160 class united states army 2-8-0

Nigel

You mean like this one:

http://www.djhengineering.co.uk/loco/prodloco.asp?ProdID=3073

There is not a very big market in the USA for a model of this locomotive.  If you provide about ½ million US Dollars to Bachmann, I am sure that they will be happy to discuss whatever model you desire.
Nigel
N&W 1950 - 1955

HOplasserem80c

yeah but i still think it would be cool as a spectrum

nw2

I would like to see sd70ace or sd70m-2 and a GE es44ac

Alex V.

I like the idea of an SD70ACe, but I'd have to suggest some steam; a 2-6-0 or a 2-8-2.
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

SteamGene

Nigel,
There is one stuffed and mounted at the U.S. Army Transportation Museum at Ft. Eustis, Virginia.  There is another operational in Chattannoga.  I imagine a model would sell fairly well at the gift shop at each place. 
BTW, there is a story that the one at Ft. Eustis went from the engine house to the museum and nobody bothered to clean the coal out of the bunker.  For those who forgot high school chemistry, coal + water = carbonic acid.  Hence the coal bunker has no floor.  I've never crawled under the tender to check the story. 
But I wouldn't be surprised. 
The Ft. Eustis Military Railroad would make a very neat railroad to model.  It even has an honest to God loop and interchanges with C&O/CSX.   
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Conrail Quality

Let's see...
An E40, E44, P5a, E60, ALP-46; actulaly, just about any electric would be nice. Except for the GG-1, no one ever seems to make electrics for more than a few years...
Other than electrics, a Baldwin Centipede would be nice (I'm not sure if it would sell, but still...).
Timothy

Still waiting for an E33 in N-scale

paustinsmith

45 TON HEISLER.

Peter Smith, Memphis

Scott S

A 4-6-2 such as B&M's P-2. This is different from the ubiquitous (in model particularly) USRA, but I think similar to earlier Pacific types found on several different roads.  Of interest on the B&M, could be offered in several schemes:
1. P-2-c #3688 Minute Man "Paul Revere" and #3681 "Wm. Dawes Jr."  -buff and blue in 1927, tender with the hereald "LINE OF THE MINUTE MAN"
2. #3686, #3689, two-tone green for "Flying Yankee" service.
3. Black, in either the 1911 (Boston  & Maine on the cab, number on the tender) or square herald (Number on t he cab, 'Boston & Maine"" in a box on the tender) schemes.

tonycook1966

If Bachmann has an interest in doing a new diesel for the Spectrum series, I would agree with earlier posts that the EMD SD70ACe would be a good choice.  Just doing the UP Heritage (MP, MKT, WP, DRGW, CNW) models for the SD70ACe would make for a good run. 

Here's the Rio Grande Heritage SD70ACe...

Now, the Kansas City Southern has just taken delivery of Southern Belle-inspired GE models for the KCS de Mexico and a run of SD70ACe's is coming in this new scheme for KCS...

A well-done Spectrum SD70ACe might make for a good selling release.
Tony Cook
HO-Scale Trains Resource
ho-scaletrains.net

Alex V.

The SD70ACe is a really convincing beast.  I model steam, but I think lots of people with modern-era layouts would love to have a reasonably-priced SD70ACe.
  Here are a few pics of BNSF SD70ACe #9386 I took at Cabool, MO, 2-19-07:

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/AlextheRailfan/Class%201%20Railroads/BNSF/?action=view&current=bnsf37.jpg

http://s172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/AlextheRailfan/Class%201%20Railroads/BNSF/?action=view&current=bnsf34.jpg
Alex - Owner/Operator
          Western Overland R.R.

Stephen Warrington

A spectrum version of a 250 ton big hook (wrecking Crane) for us MoW people.

I only have 3 at the moment LOL

Stephen

HOplasserem80c

You know what would be really cool........ a I.C.R.R terminal.