Big Haulers Hook-n-Loop Couplers - Different Style?

Started by granpab, November 20, 2008, 09:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

granpab

In my Big Hauler parts box, there's an odd pair of hook-n-loop couplers.

The majority of my couplers typically have a squiggly plastic spring to center the coupler and the hook is gravity fed into the loop.   

The odd set has a metal coil spring that drives the hook into the loop.

Can anyone identify the odd pair.  (ie Is it an older version for Big Haulers or is it manufactured by a different company?)

Thanks for sharing your experience with a new guy.

Cascade Northern

I want to say that it is manufactured by a different company...... Not totally sure though.

Barry BBT

The hook and loops Bachmann has supplied over the years have been of two types, the first had a log tail which acted as a spring and as a centering lever.

The second type, usually in the little see-thru bags had a plastic spring, much like LGB used.

I have never seen a hook and loop with a metal anything other than the mounting screw.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

Jon D. Miller

granpab,

The couplers in question with the spring are Aristo-Craft's version of the hook and loop coupler.  These couplers will mate with Bachmann and other manufacturer's hook and loop couplers.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

Chuck N

I have some LGB cars that go back to the late 70's and early 80's that have a metal spring instead of a plastic spring. 

Chuck N

Jon D. Miller

These are the Aristo-Craft hook & loop couplers.

While not too clear, the spring on each coupler can be seen.  These put downward pressure on the hook to keep it engaged.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

granpab

Jon

Your picture is exactly the couplers in question . . .  "They are the Aristo-Craft hook & loop couplers" . . . no question in my mind

Thanx so much