News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Combine kit wiring diagram

Started by rniles, November 24, 2008, 10:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rniles

I am having a few problems figuring out the wiring diagram for the lights in the combine kit. Does anyone have a better "schematic" than the blow up drawing in the kit?

Thanks for the help

Russell Niles
Sacramento Ca

Loco Bill Canelos

Russell,

I don't know of any other diagrams, but perhaps if you could describe your problem someone one here could help.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Jon D. Miller

Russell,

What kit do you have?  The earlier version that used a 9 volt battery or latest version that uses track pickups?

Either electrical system is rather simple. As Loco Bill mentions, tell what your problem is an someone should be able to help.

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

rniles

Hi all
Thanks for the replies.  Here is a little more information.
These are fairly old kits, as they are the ones that use a 9volt battry to give power for the lights.
My problem is that I am having a problem deciphering the blow up drawing that shows how to route the wires, lights, contact strips etc.  I was hoping that there would be someone who had done a fairly simple fix on the assembly and had posted it on the site.
I took the drawing to a copy machine and blew it up about 200%, that helped a little, but I still cannot figure out how the light bars mount in the roof of the car.
I guess it really doesnt matter if the lights work or not as I will not be actually running the car in a train, but thats a different story for another time.

Thanks for all of the help.

Russell Niles
Sacramento Ca

the Bach-man

Dear Russell,
The light bars sit against the roof of the car, and are held in by the clerestory windows. These, in turn, are braced in place by the clear cross pieces.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

Jon D. Miller

Russell,
Don't know if these pictures will help.  Understand that this car is being converted to a Christmas car so it is apart and in primer.  The lights will be replaced with 5mm bright white LEDS.

This is an overall view of the top of the car.  Sorry about the primer. The "red" light bars have been removed from around the bulbs.

This is a view inside the car body.  Shown is the metal strip that runs up the side of the car and is connected to the metal piece that goes through the slots in the top sides of the car body.

This picture shows the metal strip that goes through the slots along the edge of the car body.  You can also see it in the first picture.  The wires that feed to one side of each bulb are soldered to this strip. 

From the diagram of the car that you have you will see there is this setup on both sides of the car.

I hope these pictures will be of some assistance.

I might also add that if you were a member of Large Scale on Line  LSOL.com there is a detailed article along with pictures that addresses both the early version, that you have, and the latest version of the J&S coaches.  You  could have reviewed the article and all of your questions would have been answered. In the article both words and pictures detail the lighting system of both versions of the J&S coaches. 

In addition to the J&S coach article there are hundreds more articles that contain in-depth reviews of locomotives and rolling stock, scratch building, and just about any other items of interest to large scale operators.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)