News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Mrc Railpower 1370

Started by usher42, November 22, 2008, 01:35:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

usher42

What screwdrivers to move the screws on the unit? I've tried different sizes pf philps screwdrivers but i cant get the screws move. what am i doing wrong     Gary

usher42

no i'm refering to the screws to hook up the wires to the unit.  Gary

Jhanecker2

There are complete sets of tips to remove tamper proof or security fasteners.  I bought a set at Ace Hardware.  Make sure you have the correct tip for the screw you are trying to remove and you are turning the screw in the correct direction . Also try some  WD -40  or penetrating oil. Sometimes you can try tightening the screw and then untightening the screw but beware  of shearing off the screw head . Good Luck.  J2

mtlatc

I have to ask. You are going Righty Tighty, Lefty Loosey right?

Hunt

Gary,
Hmm... Perhaps the folks at MRC (Model Rectifier Corporation) would be interested in your difficult with the screws in their Railpower 1370 power pack.

MRC e-mail  click    rrtech@modelrectifier.com

az2rail

If the back of of your MCR 's uses a combination screw, try using the standard slot. One of my transformers has that, but it looks like the phillips part is to wide in the center to work well..

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

PaulDeS

The screws on my MRC 1370 (those where you attach the track and accessory wires) are medium sized Phillips head screws. I didn't have any problems loosening them with a medium Phillips screwdriver.