News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

E-Z track\forney

Started by jdycus, November 26, 2008, 09:54:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdycus

3questions,1turnout44562rails not straight, out of box, drops off on approach end of switch .175 causing uncouple. 2 what is the use of #5 and #6 turnout 44566,44560. thought it would be explained in99978 manual. 3 still having problems with forney25495, on 18"and22" track the couplers are so close that the cars pinch together causing derailment I have noticed that the coupler on my porter 25561 has a coupler about .125 longer than the forney?

scottychaos

Please try posting your questions in English.
You can't get answers if no one can understand what you are saying.

thanks,
Scot

lvrr325

If the switch is bent, you could try clamping it between two pieces of wood and forgetting about it for a while, but it might work better if you used boiling water to put a little heat into the plastic; it probably warped as it cooled out of the mold.  You could also try returning it.

I'm not familiar with the items by product number..

My Forney also doesn't like tight curves going forward, if I go too slow in one spot it uncouples.  One thing that would help is gong to Kadee metal couplers.  Another thing that would help it is a longer shank at the rear - if the Porter is longer, try switching them out - but the Porter may just have shallower coupler boxes.