Parts Hunt Older Bachmann HO Consolidation 2-8-0

Started by pilothyer, December 24, 2007, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pilothyer

I have searched lately (without any success) for parts for an older Bachmann HO Consolidation 2-8-0. I have a few of these and would sure like to get them back in good service condition. (my son loves them) Does anyone know where to point me? I need the drive wheel assembly or just the parts to repair the ones I have...I would be interested in any parts that might be available for them....(Motors, smoke oil reservoirs with smoke unit, etc.) The old Bachmann number on my boxes are 0651 and 0654. I have 1 Santa Fe Item#0651 and 3 Great Northern Item #0654 and have had these Since about 1975-77 and they still look very good but are limping badly. Thanks in advance for any help you may offer.
Jerry

Guilford Guy

I have a UP 618 model, which is missing the handrails on one side and and one marker light. It has DCC as well. I am willing to sell for 50 or 60, or more if you want.
Alex

jayl1

Have you considered the Bowser re-do set.  This includes a new motor, gears, etc.  You only need the original Bachmann shells.  This is a craftsman kit - and will require alot of effort & good eyesight.  You may have a problem finding good parts for your engine.  They were never really good runners.   BTW these were Reading RR I-10 prototypes.

pilothyer

Jay!1....I can't say I have even heard about this, but must say it sounds good....Do you know where I could get it...Thanks for your reply and I am most interested......... :)

SteamGene

Go to the Bowser website.  I hope you use Good Search to do so, helping the B&O railroad Museum.  But the Bowser site has all the necessary information.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

jayl1

Jeff,
Contact me off list re: the re-do kit.
Thanks,
Jay
jayl1

Paul M.

Is this a Spectrum 2-8-0, or one of the earlier Standard (Lights & Smokes) 2-8-0s that show up on eBay from time to time?

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

pilothyer

This is the older version.....Lighted and Smokes.....