Buying Bachmann through the Bachmann store problems.

Started by bobgrosh, November 26, 2008, 01:01:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobgrosh

I put items in my cart and tried to check out and pay for them with Paypal.

It asks me for a credit card number.

That, according to Paypal is NOT supposed to happen. The whole point of using Paypal is to avoid sending personal information over the net.

I do not want my credit card number sent over the net. All indications are, from what I read at the Paypal site is that the store may be "spoofed" or I am being re-directed to a dishonest site that is trying to scam my credit info.

Is Bachmann able to fix this? I'd like to get some things ordered in time for Christmas.

B0B

the Bach-man

Dear Bob,
We'll look into it- thanks!
Happy Thanksgiving!
the Bach-man

Bachmann Industries, Inc.

Hi Bob,

Our online store is currently set up for credit card orders that are safely and securely PROCESSED through VeriSign/PayPal (VeriSign was acquired by PayPal several years ago). All store orders are processed in the manner you described.

At present, PayPal is not offered as a method of payment, but it is a payment option we may add in the future. In the meantime, thanks for your interest in Bachmann and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Best regards,
Bachmann Industries, Inc.

richG

What are looking to buy? There are a couple online stores that use Pay Pal. One is The Favorite Spot on ebay that I and other purchase from. The Favorite Spot has good customer service.
Internet Trains uses Pay Pal. Both have good prices. I am sure others will mention sites that use Pay Pal.

Rich

GN.2-6-8-0

From what I've heard of Internet trains your better off looking elsewhere .....
Rocky Lives

richG

Yeah, I forgot about what I have read of them. Some people have called and verified the stuff was in stock before they ordered.
The original poster only wants to use Pay Pal so many online stores are out unless someone has sources that use Pay Pal.

The Favorite Spot uses Pay Pal and is a good online seller from what I have heard in the Bachmann forums. I have used Pay Pal with the Favorite Spot. Some people want nothing to do with ebay though.

Rich

bobgrosh

Quote from: richG on November 26, 2008, 04:31:18 PM
What are looking to buy? There are a couple online stores that use Pay Pal. One is The Favorite Spot on ebay that I and other purchase from. The Favorite Spot has good customer service.
Internet Trains uses Pay Pal. Both have good prices. I am sure others will mention sites that use Pay Pal.

Rich

I was looking for some replacement tender trucks for a bachmann loco, the ones with the electrical pickups. Also some 3 train sets for my grand kids.

grumpy

There are a no. of reputable dealers that use credit card for payment . Your best bet in almost all cases is to ph. the order in . Most of my purchases are done over the internet using VISA  and I have yet to have a problem . You could use Trainworld , Wholesale Hobbies, Caboose Hobbies and there are others.
Don

Yampa Bob

My advice is to cut up the credit card and get a bank debit card. If it is used illegally by others, you don't owe a cent.

My "favorite spot" is Caboose Hobbies.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.