News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Emmett Kelly Jr - Anniversary Edition?

Started by granpab, November 27, 2008, 01:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

granpab

Was the EKjr ten-wheeler produced as an Anniversary edition?  If not, is there a chassis 5 version?

Loco Bill Canelos

GrandPab

I am away from my main computer and do not have my various databases of info with me.  I will be back home on monday and try to give you a better and more complete answer.  this much I can tell you:

All Emmit Kelly Jr sets produced after 2000 have the version 5 chassis, and all Bachmann Brothers Big top sets also have the version 5 chassis.  The EKJ sets were produced over a very long time period and have all versions of chassis.  If buying a set open it and examine the bottom of the loco to be sure you are getting a version 5.  many dealers have old stock, even though they advertize a set as "new"

I find that if I try to answer from memory, I usually screw up the answer, so I will research your other questions as soon as I can before answering them.
Loco Bill,  Roundhouse Foreman
Colorado & Kansas Railway-Missouri Western Railway
Official Historian; Bachmann Large Scale
Colorado RR Museum-Brakeman-Engineer-Motorman-Trainman
There are no dumb or stupid questions, just questions!

Loco Bill Canelos

Grandpab,

Here is the promised update.   Bachmann did not male an anniversary edition of the 4-6-0 in the Emmitt Kelley Jr paint job.

They did make the standard line Big Hauler in EKJ as a seperately availab;e item in 1993 it was Item 91271, but not a version 5 chassis.   

The only way to get a version 5 chassis is fron a set as mentioned in my earlier post.  EKJ Sets with the DVD instructions do have the version five chassis in them.  If buying on Ebay be sure to ask the seller if the locomotive has the plastic lubrication port between the rear wheels before bidding,  better yet ask them to send you a pic of the bottom so yopu can see for yourself!!

Merry railroading!!

Barry BBT

FYI:

I did convert two of the Sam's Club first year run Annies to one of my 2-8-0 drives with the red center wheels, white cab, white tender with factory paint.
One is in Oro Valley, AZ and the other is with Elbert in Garden Grove, CA.

Barry - BBT
There are no dumb questions.

granpab

Loco Bill Canelos

Thanks very much.  
Took your advise and asked.  
It wasn't.  

Oldrookie

Loco Bill Canelos

Glad I could help & Glad you dodged a bullet, You will have many more opportunities to buy a good version 5 unit. 

Merry railroading!!!