News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

EZ Command DCC Turnouts

Started by wilmeaux, November 28, 2008, 06:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilmeaux

A couple of questions:

First, are any plans in the works for Bachmann to market a kit for converting the conventional EZ Track Turnouts to DCC?

And secondly, the way I understand the instructions, your EZ Command system can only handle a maximum of 8 turnouts. Is this correct? Surely I missed something here.

Thanks,

Wilmeaux

the Bach-man

Dear Wil,
There are no plans to make a conversion kit.
You are correct- an EZ Command will control up to eight turnouts.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

WoundedBear

I love how Bachmann touted the "I/O Port" on the back of the EZC as your "window to the future"...meaning expansion.

Then they abandon EZC and launch a whole new self standing system....Dynamis.

Sid

grumpy

Sid
I have been waiting 3 months from Trainland / Trainworld for the expansion items  and they keep telling me they are on back order from Bachman . I have ph other shops and nobody has all the pieces. Here I am with an EZCommand and I can't expand it . What's up there Mr. Bachman.
Don ???

the Bach-man

Dear Grumpy,
What items, specifically, are on back-order?
As far as I know, all EZ Command add-ons are available.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

grumpy

Mr. Bachman
I am looking for 44907 and 44908. These items have been on order for three months and every time I inquire I am told they are on backorder. ( I have heard that story before ).
Don

Yampa Bob

Don, last I looked Tower Hobbies had them in stock. I don't remember prices, their site is down at the moment.
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

the Bach-man

Dear Don,
I'll get an inventory check tomorrow.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

TankerDriver

Mr. Bachmann,
It's been a while since this question was originally asked, but has there been any further consideration of marketing a conversion package for earlier ez track turnouts to DCC
Thanks

the Bach-man

Dear Tank,
There has been none to date.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

RGC

You could convert the EZ track turnouts to DCC with stationary decoders and a little work, but I believe you couldn't control them with the EZ command system. 

Bobby1939

I'm new to Bachmann.  I've purchased the EZ DCC system off EBay and am using it successfully with some EZ Track.  I decided to by one #5 turnout (non-DCC) and now find that I can't connect the directional switch to my DCC controller.  What do I need to activate the switch? 

Joe323

Quote from: Bobby1939 on January 28, 2011, 01:24:33 PM
I'm new to Bachmann.  I've purchased the EZ DCC system off EBay and am using it successfully with some EZ Track.  I decided to by one #5 turnout (non-DCC) and now find that I can't connect the directional switch to my DCC controller.  What do I need to activate the switch? 

Non DCC switches will not work with EZ command.  Youll need a seperate power supply.  I use the AC terminals from an old HO trainset power pack to operate my switching.

Bobby1939

Thanks, Joe.  I just happen to have one handy. 

daxdog

I am thinking of getting several of these to control my Bachmann turnouts.
http://www.lenz.com/products/decoders/accessory/ls150.html
You wouldn't be able to program it with a Bachmann EZ Command, but if you could get a friend or hobby shop to program it I bet you could use it.