News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Matching Bachmann Paint?

Started by Lighthorseman, December 18, 2008, 03:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthorseman

I was wondering if there is a specific company and colour to use to match the C & S green and the OR & W brown on the passenger coaches, as while removing the lettering, I had to take off a fair bit of the green, in some spots right to the plastic.

Any help much appreciated!

jayl1

I have used pullman green (Floquil) on my C&S passenger cars.  (But I did the entire car so a touch-up may not be an exact match.)  Could the OR&W brown be boxcar red??

jestor

I take a piece of the model i want to color match over to my local Home Depot paint department and have them scan it on their color scanner thing and they usually come up with a very close match in their latex house paint.  The smallest quantity they sell is a quart, so i have several quarts of flat latex sitting in the store room.  As far as i can tell, Floqil's colors don't match any manufactures colors, except for those few who actually use Floquil paint. Since their Polly S paint cleans up with water, i assume it must be some kind of latex paint.  Happy Holidays!

the Bach-man

Dear LH,
I used Floquil Pullman Green on the originals. The OR&W cars were painted with Krylon Kona Brown.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man