News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC Compatibility

Started by jestor, December 02, 2008, 07:02:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jestor

My DCC operating system is MRC Prodigy left over from my HO days.  It operated those Athearn Genasis diesels(with MRC sound decoders) like really well; super smooth. So i kitbashed one using Boulder Valley's kit to make a diesel "critter", which of course runs super using the Prodigy.  Alas while my Bachmann ON-30 engines (two geared and a consolidation) run well on the Prodigy, I can't get them to run quite as good. Let me define what I mean as "super" performance, as is the case with the critter.  It starts at a slow crawl at speed step 1 and responds with a slight increase in speed with each step. On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it a 10.  My Bachmann ON-30 engines get a rating of 7 operating on the Prodigy. The motors don't seem to have as much "torque" as they do operating on DC.  All my Bachmann ON=30 engines run better on DC than they do using the Prodigy.  So it begs the question; do the Bachmann(Soundtrax) decoders not like the Prodigy operating system?  ???  Please share your experiences operating Bachmann's decoders using various DCC systems.

JohnR

My module group uses the Prodigy Advanced and all of our Bachmann locos with factory decoders run fine with it.

-John

jestor

Quote from: JohnR on December 02, 2008, 01:43:28 PM
My module group uses the Prodigy Advanced and all of our Bachmann locos with factory decoders run fine with it.

-John
Thanks for the input John. I began to suspect that there might be something wrong with the original decoder, so i replaced it. Now it runs fine :)  Happy Holidays!