News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

sound

Started by Daylight4449, December 04, 2008, 03:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daylight4449

Any way to get nice sound on a dc layout. I have a 2-6-2, russsian decapod, 2-8-0, and am planning on an sy mikado and a pacific.

Guilford Guy

What did you have in mind?
Alex

WGL

My BLI Heavy Mikado has good DC sound.  I converted it to DCC to run with my E-Z Command.

Atlantic Central

There is work being done to allow layout based sound for DC with no decoders or speakers in the loco, but no such systems are on the market yet.

Broadway Limited Blueline locomotives have sound and are designed for DC operation and accessory controllers are made to operate the bell, whistle, horn, etc. MRC has just introduced a power pack with such accessory control built in.

In my view, or should I say to my ear, onboard sound in HO and smaller scales does not sound very good. The sounds of a locomotive, steam or diesel, cannot be reasonably reproduced by such small speakers.

Some say it does not matter if the sound is good, the mere presence of any sound adds to the effect. To that I say I have an imagination, I don't need it reinforced by poor quality sound. But to each his own.

Sheldon