News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Short Circuit

Started by Bird51, December 07, 2008, 12:06:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bird51

Im new to this board and have a questions regarding my son's new chirstmas train set.  We got th Big Hauler Night Before Xmas set (90037) and been having a little problem with it.

I set it and it ran fine when we first got the set a month again.  Now it setting it up for the second time and after the engine is on the tracks and runs for about 10 seconds it stops and shorts the control box.  Once I take the engine off the tracks, the indicator light on the control box lights up.

Not sure if the problem is the engine or the control box.  Any suggestions would be helpful

thanks

Mike

Check to see if the front truck (wheel set) has been reversed. If so, it will cause a short. Just turn it around again. Let us know how things work out.- Mike

altterrain

The front pilot (the four small wheels) probably got turned around. There is power pickup through those wheels and if they get turned around it will short out. Try turning it the other way. There should be and arrow on the bottom also and it should point front.

-Brian

President of

Bird51

I've check the front wheels - the arrow is pointing forward. - thanks

Another question - can the ramaining 6 wheels turn manually?

Mike

Try checking the wire that is connected to the front truck. Sometimes it gets a nick in the insulation and shorts out.- Mike

Bird51

Thanks Mike - I did check the wires (red and black) nest to the arrow on the 4 front wheels and did notice a nick in the red wire.  I covered it up with electrical tape to see if that would help - but again only ran for about 10 seconds.  Maybe this is the problem and the tape will not solve it.

Joe Satnik

Dear Bird,

See this previous post on the same subject.

http://www.bachmanntrains.com/home-usa/board/index.php/topic,7325.0.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Joe Satnik
If your loco is too heavy to lift, you'd better be able to ride in, on or behind it.