Question about Edward Mr. the Bach-man

Started by Diesel #261, November 20, 2008, 11:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diesel #261

Excuse me sir,
I was wondering how many wheel drive Edward is going to be as I am putting a hill on my layout and don't want to make it to steep for him.  Thanks. ;)
"Shaking and spluttering, the diesel stopped."

Cheeky_ULP

What do you mean? Edward is a 4-4-0. It'd be silly for him to be anything else!

Jake

All oddities of asking how many wheel drive a 4-4-0 locomotive would be, there are many variables that determine a locomotive's pulling power and maximum allowable grade. I would hold off on building the hill until you have the locomotive (or at least details of its pulling power from someone), determine how many cars you want him to pull up the hill, and how steep the hill can be for the loco to still be able to pull the cars up. THEN build the hill.
Co Admin/Founder of the North American Narrow Gauge Modelers!
http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/northamericanna.html
www.myspace.com/vfb1210

JIMMY!! HAFF AR LODE JUST DROPPED LOOS!!!

StanierJack

Quote from: Shawmut Railway on November 20, 2008, 11:24:53 PM
Excuse me sir,
I was wondering how many wheel drive Edward is going to be as I am putting a hill on my layout and don't want to make it to steep for him.  Thanks. ;)

Judging by previous models, it will be a 4 wheel mech with a bogie in front. Not too hard to guess.

metal4life

What he meant was, if Edward's going to be anything like Emily whereas she had 2-4-0 engine drive, even though she was a 4-2-0.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
Edward will have four driven drive wheels.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

thomasj219

All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

the Bach-man

Dear Thomas,
I'll try to get an update next week.
Have fun!
the Bach-man

thomasj219

Thank you very much!

P.S DONT BE AFRAID TO POST PICTURES!!!!! ;D ;D
All I want is, Stepney, Boco, Harvey.

metal4life

Oh, how I wish we could get some pics... Judging by how Mavis has turned out, Edward will be nothing less than perfection. I'm dreadfully anticipating his release, he may be #2 but he's #1 on my Christmas list!

Anthony P2

he may be #2 but he's #1 on my Christmas list!
[/quote]

same here. i wish pics would come out now.

ZeldaTheSwordsman

As am I. MY mom preordered him as a birthday gift.

metal4life

So, any official date for Edward? It's getting really close to Christmas, and my parents are already impatiently needing a list.

the Bach-man

Dear All,
As I posted in another thread, Edward is on the way.
Anticipate!
the Bach-man