News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-10-4

Started by grumpy, December 08, 2008, 01:19:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy

Mr. Bachman.
Can you tell us when the 2-10-4  locos will be in the hobby shops . I intend that to be my next purchase . I sure would like to give myself a really nice christmas present.
Don

the Bach-man

Dear Don,
I believe they're in now, but I'll check tomorrow to be sure.
Happy Holidays!
the Bach-man

ta152h0

while you are in the Christmas spirit, get me one too.  ;D ;D ;D

rogertra

What 2-10-4?

I've Googled "Spectrum 2-10-4" and find nothing.

If it's a Bachmann "Standard", I won't waste my money.

RAM

It is not a Spectrum 2-10-4.  It is an updated Standard.

SteamGene

Roger, the new Standards are very good.  I have two 0-6-0s and a 2-8-4 and they are nice.  You are not planning on going to DCC, correct?  If so, I'll send you an 0-6-0 with a spare tender for you to evaluate.
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

grumpy

ta152ho
They don't call me grumpy for nothing.
Don ;)

rogertra

Quote from: SteamGene on December 10, 2008, 07:44:22 PM
Roger, the new Standards are very good.  I have two 0-6-0s and a 2-8-4 and they are nice.  You are not planning on going to DCC, correct?  If so, I'll send you an 0-6-0 with a spare tender for you to evaluate.
Gene

Gene.

Thanks for the info on the 2-10-4.  I might be interested in the trailing trucks to add to my 2-10-2s as I think they'd look better as 2-10-4s  Hopefully, Bachmann will have parts.

Actually, I will (eventually) be going DCC but it will wait until we find a new home.

Thanks for the offer of the 0-6-0 for a trial but that border crossing thing could become an issue.  :-)

Paul M.

Yeah, the new Standards are a lot better than the old ones. Even some of the old Spectrum locos (ie, 44 tonner, H16-44....) have been downgraded to Standard status, even with new mechanisms.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific