News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Eastern Narrow Gauge Time

Started by Dusten Barefoot, March 16, 2007, 07:59:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WVM_guy

Sure Dustin, no problem. Info on the WVM can be found at www.Taplines.com and FYI, I believe it's a cousin to your beloved Eat Taters & Wear No Clothes.

The Midland interchanged with the Western MD at Webster Springs, WV and the B&O at Holly Junction, WV. She was owned by Pardee & Curtin lumber co and the P&C existed into the middle 1930s. I believe Bachman's G scale Shay was P&C, therefore with a logo change, it would be correct for WVM as well. Taplines has the complete WVM loco roster.

You can also get some limited information on the RR from the Mountain State Logging RR Historical Association and the Western Maryland Railway Historical Society.

Dusten Barefoot

The link you have provided says it is under construction? Is that suppose to be like that.
Thanks
Dusten
I know I pester the hell out of everone over a 4-6-0
E.T.&.W.N.C, TWEETSIE, LINVILLE.
www.tweetsierailroad.com
http://www.johnsonsdepot.com/crumley/tour1.htm
#12 and 10-Wheelers
Black River & Southern
Rock On & Live Strong
Dusten

NarrowGSouth

I'd most like to see a post-war White Pass modified US army Mikado, especially #192 and #196 in White Pass as well as Dollywood (192) and Tweetsie (196) schemes. However, I would also be happy with the White Pass 70 series mikados in White Pass and Dollywood Schemes (#70 and soon-to-be completed #71) or an EBT Mikado.

Really I see no sense in making the D&RGW K-class mikados (other than to make more affordable and readily availible versions), as Mountain Model Imports has already produced the K-27, K-28, and K-36 with the K-37 on the way.

NGSouth

lvrr325

Obscure:

The Hayt's Corners, Ovid & Willard was a narrow gauge line in the Finger Lakes region of New York and later aquired (and standard gauged) by the Lehigh Valley.  I happened to dig up one picture to see they had an 0-6-0 with a slope-back tender.  Something like that would make an interesting and different model, presuming drawings or good photos of it could be located.  Unfortunately the book I found the photo in doesn't even note the builder of the locomotive. 

steinked

Backwoods Miniatures offer 0-6-0, 2-6-0 and 2-6-2 tank engines (kits as well as RTR) based on a Bachmann H0 drive and a kit of a slope back tender. I got a 2-6-0 and the tender kit, which make nice little mogul.

Regards Dieter
Manns Creek Railway - Mining and Logging

lvrr325

I'd kind of like to see Bachman do an NF210, the EMD units built for the Newfoundland Railways.  Although they were built to 42" gauge, the 6" or so difference per side shouldn't be that noticable, they have a big plain frame rail that hides a lot of the trucks and so on from view.  So it might be fairly simple to tool up with an existing HO drive - the cab and hood are adaptations of standard EMD stuff.  I suppose with a drive that copies the Athearn/P2K axle setup, with split axles on a plastic center section, it could be made so if someone wanted to widen it to 36" or 42" they could do so fairly easily, also.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EMD_NF210

They have some international marketability, too, as after CN abandoned the line some were sold to Chile, Nicuragua and Nigeria.

And the Newfoundland Railway itself had a lot of interesting narrow gauge equipment that existed nowhere else.  Steel Santa-Fe style cabooses, long distance passenger cars, steamers that look like slightly scaled down standard gauge engines...   worth checking out.