Two new custom-painted locos of mine

Started by Paul M., December 12, 2008, 09:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul M.

Hey guys,
I've been gone from the forum for a while. I decided to show you some of what I've been doing in that time:

Texas & Pacific GP9 #1132

As you can see, it's not perfect, but it's good enough for me.

I'm also working on an older Bachmann trolley, painted for the 'Emhurst Transit Authority'.

I still need to finish the interior and paint the sideframes of the trolley.

Tell me what you think,
-Paul

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

Yampa Bob

Were you gone?  Gee we hadn't noticed.  Just kidding, of course we missed you, and welcome back.

I think the loco and trolley look fantastic. Never tell people your work isn't perfect, then they might agree with you.   :D

But as Vince Lombardi once told me, "Perfection cannot be achieved, but if you strive for perfection you will achieve greatness".  And they do look great!
I know what I wrote, I don't need a quote
Rule Number One: It's Our Railroad.  Rule Number Two: Refer to Rule Number One.

Frisco

Santa Fe buff

Stunning job Paul!
That GP9, well, remarkable! Keep up the good work, you'll have yourself a master fleet in no time. Created by a master himself. Were did you get those decals? I'm looking for some myself, and if you can provide information, I would be much obliged.  :)

On a second notice,
That trolley is a work of art itself. Are you adding some diaphragms to the top to connect to a possible wire? Or is it going to be third-rail electric?

I'm unsure if I spelt diaphragms correctly...

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

SteamGene

The "g" is silent like the "x" in "pumpernickle."
Gene
Chief Brass Hat
Virginia Tidewater and Piedmont Railroad
"Only coal fired steam locomotives"

Paul M.

Quote from: Santa Fe buff on December 13, 2008, 02:47:14 PM
Stunning job Paul!
That GP9, well, remarkable! Keep up the good work, you'll have yourself a master fleet in no time. Created by a master himself. Were did you get those decals? I'm looking for some myself, and if you can provide information, I would be much obliged.  :)

On a second notice,
That trolley is a work of art itself. Are you adding some diaphragms to the top to connect to a possible wire? Or is it going to be third-rail electric?

Josh

Thanks, everyone. The decals are Microscale's. ( www.microscale.com )  The trolley had pantographs, but I clipped them off to model an old electric trolley converted to a gas engine in its last years in service.

I've added wax paper over the windows, which really looks nice. It doesn't show the motor or inner workings or the trolley, and looks more realistic than the plastic people silhouettes provided.

-Paul
[
www.youtube.com/texaspacific

mhampton

Quote from: Paul M. on December 13, 2008, 10:34:49 PM
Quote from: Santa Fe buff on December 13, 2008, 02:47:14 PM
Stunning job Paul!

On a second notice,

Josh

Thanks, everyone. The decals are Microscale's. ( www.microscale.com )  The trolley had diaphgrams, but I clipped them off to model an old electric trolley converted to a gas engine in its last years in service.

I've added wax paper over the windows, which really looks nice. It doesn't show the motor or inner workings or the trolley, and looks more realistic than the plastic people silhouettes provided.

Maybe I'm confused, but aren't diaphragms the flexible joints between passenger cars?  I always thought the electrical pickup on top of traction equipment was a pantograph.

jayl1

Maybe I'm confused, but aren't diaphragms the flexible joints between passenger cars?  I always thought the electrical pickup on top of traction equipment was a pantograph.
[/quote]

You are correct on the diaphrams.  Pantographs were used on electric engines - GG1, E44, etc. for power from the overhead wires.   I might be wrong but I believe the pole on traction was called a trolley.

bnsonger47

Hey, quite by accident I think we've discovered why a street car is what it is and a trolley is what it is. Of course, the cable cars in San Francisco are neither.

Gee, sometimes the name is a giveaway.
Byron Songer
Victorian Crossing
Louisville, KY