News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Bachmann Trains

Started by Britton, December 18, 2008, 04:22:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Britton

Hi I recently was given a Train Estate and Im trying to find out what it is worth. I have several Bachmann Trains, I have the model numbers but am not able to find any information on them. Most of them start with 96,97,98,90 and a couple that start with 81.
Can anyone help me figure this out!!
Thanks.

WoundedBear

Have you any idea, the scale, or the age of the pieces?

Using the "search" button at the top of the page....copy and paste this phrase what is it worth and read some of the results.

Usually people are disappointed by the answers. But every once in a while, someone lucks out and finds a goldmine.

Somewhere online, there are a few old Bachmann catalogues posted, but I can't think of the site at the moment.

Sid

richG

az2rail

You are not giving much in the way of information here. What scale are the trains? and giving the whole number would help a lot. It looks like the 90's could be "G' scale sets, and the 98's could be "G" scale cars. The 81 could be both G and HO.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Britton

I did figure out the all of the 90's they are sets they were the easiest to figure out. I believe they are all G scale. I know some are Spectrum Locomotives because it says so on the box. The model numbers Im not able to find are 97418, 98371, 92706, 97443, 97486m, 81398.

Thanks for the help

Loco Bill

97418 is a D&RGW full Baggage car in maroon first offered in 1995,  but it should say that on the end of the box where you found the number.  This is one of the older cars with plastic handrails instead of metal and MAY have the plastic wheels which are also less desirable. 

What is it you really want to know?  description?? 

Best thing you can do is put the items on a watch list on Ebay.  Then when one is offered you can get an idea what folks are4 willing to pay.  This car has sold for as low as $10 on ebay, but an average is more like $25 to $35. 

I have a lot of information on these items,  and if you contact me directly I could appraise the approximate value of everything you have at a very reasonable cost.  I alwways provide infor for one or two items on this forum at nom charge, but the research effort is time consuming.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products