News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

fuel tanks

Started by glennk28, December 18, 2008, 10:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk28

Does anyone hgave a spare furl oil bunker for the LS Heisler and/or Climax?  My road runs on oil--

Thanks----gj

Santa Fe buff

I would try E-Bay, although not very realable, people are more likely to sell spare parts there.

http://www.ebay.com/

Good luck, and I'll ask my uncle (Who Model G Gauge) if he has any.  :)

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

Loco Bill

GJ

As a part of my ongoing research on Bachmann G SWcale I monitor Ebay and in the last four years I have not seen a Heisler parted out, or seperate parts for sale on the heisler.

I feel that your best bet is Josh's Uncle or someone else reading your need and willing to give one up.

It also couldn't hurt to contact Bachmann Service to see what they might have.

It is too bad Bachmann does not sell these parts seperately as I feel they could make some money at it.     The parts fo0r the K-27 seem to be selling well.  My son and I have bought doghouses to put on Connies and I am getting a plow for my connie!!

Good Luck
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products

glennk28

Supposedly some of the unlettered versions came with oil tanks, coal bunkers, and wood fences.  The buyer could decide which to use, and toss the rest in the parts drawer.

I monitor eBay rather thoroughly--what I am trying to ldo is stir up someone who has not thought to sell his spares on eBay, or who doesn't want to mess with eBay.  gj

az2rail

I was able to buy 2 of the oil bunkers from Bachmann earlier this year, so at one time they did have these for sale. By the amount of querries for them, it looks like they are out, but give the parts department a call. They may have had one pop up.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Loco Bill

gj,
You are correct unlettered versions did come with extra parts, so other than checking with Bachmann Service from time to time, hopefully someone will be willing to part with an Oil bunker.  Unfortunately guys I know don't want to part with extra items, because they feel that missing items will hurt resale if they decide peddle their Loco..

Some web sites like Mylargescale.com do have classified sections where you can post a wanted ad.  That might help.
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

tac

Quote from: glennk28 on December 19, 2008, 03:02:27 PM
Supposedly some of the unlettered versions came with oil tanks, coal bunkers, and wood fences.  The buyer could decide which to use, and toss the rest in the parts drawer.

I monitor eBay rather thoroughly--what I am trying to ldo is stir up someone who has not thought to sell his spares on eBay, or who doesn't want to mess with eBay.  gj

Hmmm.  I bought an unlettered loco, and got nuffin'.

tac
www.ovgrs.org

glennk28

my Climax and Heisler werw both unlettered, neither had the extra fuels--perhaps forst runs didn't have thjem and later ones did?  I have a lead on one for the Heisler--now to find one for the Climax.  Weren't there any aftermarket tanks like for the Shay?gj

az2rail

Looking at the catolog, the only Heistler that came with an oil bunker was the Oregon Lumber Co. one. I have two unlettered Heistlers and neither came with optional  items. That is why I bought the oil bunkers. They where available from Bauchmann, but I would hazzard a guess that they were a popular item and sold out. Until Bachmann descides to make another run of Heisters, we may have to hunt for them.

My Climax has a coal load on it, and it did not come with any options either.

Bruce

Loco Bill

Sorry guys,  >:(My mistake entirely!!  I am away from home and my detailed database. I should not have posted from my memory which at my advanced age is poor at best!   Sorry for any confusion I may have caused  :-[ :-[ :-[.

Please disregard my earlier reply entirely, as I have obviouslyconfused this loco with something else!!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

az2rail

That's ok Bill. I am still amazed at your knowledge of Bachmann's large scale sets.

I wish I had proof read my earlier post. My spelling stunk.

Bruce

Loco Bill

Thanks Bruce, I have been researching Bachmann Large Scale for almost eight years now,  with the Idea of writing a book. I actually have written it, but no publisher or even railroad related publisher is even remotely interested.  I have enjoyed the research none the less, and I still learn something new every few weeks.  I am still trying to keep up with all the new goodies, so it is still fun.

I wouldn't worry too much about the spelling, mine is terrible at times as I have serious eye problems, and my arthritis filled fingers don't seem to hit the right keys all the time.

Sadly there are some sticklers on the board at times who are critical of others spelling, or grammer, but it is best too let all that roll off.   The idea of this board ity to get info and enjoy the hobby and as long as you are that is all that counts.

Have a great Christmas!!!

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway