News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

DCC AC volts on EZ command

Started by db22, December 14, 2008, 03:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pdlethbridge

I would guess that if your ez command were to break, your warranty would be voided. The tell tale odor of smoke from a burned out unit is a dead giveaway.

grumpy

It is cheaper to buy a new EZ Command than it is to purchase a Bachman booster. What I am running is not just a plain 5 amp transformer. 
Hunt I leave you to your opinion but do not tell me how to run my railroad.
Don

the Bach-man

Dear Don,
Hunt and Jim are correct. If you choose to risk your unit it;s your choice, but don't encourage others to ruin theirs.
Thanks!
the Bach-man

grumpy

Mr. Bachman
With due respect to you and  your knowledge of your product , I have not encouraged anyone to follow my path. I have only stated what I have done and the results at this time. Many new ideas have surfaced by people who work out of the box and try different ideas. I happen to like  experimentation . The pricing on your booster is out of line in my opinion. I liked the system but it couldn't run the number of trains I wanted . With the cost of your booster being so high I had to try something With the addition of a bigger power supply I was able to do what I wanted . Again with due respect it is my railroad.
One more bit of info . Where I live it would be cheaper to completely replace the system with a competitors than it would be to purchase your booster.
I thank you for listening to me.
Don

pdlethbridge

db22

I do happen to agree that the Booster price is way out of line. A limited bandwidth power amplifier with currect sniffing and protection should never cost more than $75 and that is considering the limited marketplace. I too "wanted" more power, it is cheaper to buy a whole new cab than buy the booster. Agreed you may not get 5 A but anyone that needs 5A must have a lot of track and trains.

grumpy

db22
I didn't need 5 amp but that is what I had available. What I wanted to run was 2 locos with dcc and sound in a consist. With a 1 amp power supply the system shut down. .
Don

WGL

Grumpy,
  Theoretical knowledge should be based upon & subject to, experimentation.  For example, someone who reads the manual for E-Z Command assumes it to be authoritative & that he now understands how to program a DCC locomotive.  The experience of actually running trains, however, shows that the instructions are incorrect & that the DVD has the correct instructions.  Even a beginner can discover that the experts made a mistake.
Bill