News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-6-6-2 Mallet Has Arrived

Started by Jon D. Miller, December 19, 2008, 05:57:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon D. Miller

My dealer just called.  His order of Mallets arrived this afternoon.

I'm on the way out the door to pick one up for the CD&StL.  No doubt the shop crew will be standing by awaiting its arrival on the property.  Might be working late tonight. ;)

Will post a couple of pictures tomorrow.

Now Larry, Moe, and Curley along with the "Amen Choir" will have something to keep them busy, over the Holidays, as they "evaluate" the new locomoitve. That should be entertaining! ;D

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD

Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

az2rail

Lucky you!!! I called my dealer and they are expecting them, but no show as of yet. It may not arive in time for christmas, but a belated christmas present is better than none.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Superheater

How fortuante for you, Jon.  You may very well be the only one in these United States to have one before the holiday, which of course one would expect might be a reward for all that "enthusiasm."

As to Larry Moe and Curley, you might check the definition of "Stooge" carefully before you go throwing it about, lest it hit too close to home.

Happy Holidays,

John Fitch

Paul W.

JD,
That's great news! Can't wait to see the pics. Guess we know which of Santa's lists you are on this year  ;D
Happy Steamin'

Paul

tac

Here in UK, a gentleman on gscalemad forum collected his two mallets last monday.

Makes a change to get things before you guys!

tac
www.ovgrs.org

Jon D. Miller

First photos of the new Mallet at CD&StL's AJ Yard.

The new Mallet was operated for about two hours this afernoon.  Right out of the box, after lubrication, the 2-6-6-2 is a smooth runner.  Handled a thirteen car mixed consist with ease.

You know John, I really appreciate your admonishment.  Must be that as a member of the "Choir" you take exception. ;)

Don't think having one of the first 2-6-6-2 Mallets has anything to do with "enthusiasm."  Has more to do with having a pre standing order with my dealer and his distributor for any Bachmann Spectrum locomotive that is announced.  Two of the new 2-6-6-2 Mallets were delivered yesterdy by my dealer.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"

JD
Poster Child (unofficial & uncompensated)

petertoot

that beast looks fantastic!!!!! ;D ;D ;Das you are one of the first,its great to see how much these will pull,once they do some runnig in ,as i say you dont grow up,just old,but lovely units make it all worthwhile,meery christmas to all,peter in ozzie... ::) ::) ::)

az2rail

The engine looks great. Now I know what mine will look like, as I have the same version ordered as yours.

Bruce
If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either.

Paul W.

JD,
Looks great! Can I assume you'll have it at York next Spring??????
Happy Steamin'

Paul

Tom Lapointe

Looks GREAT!!! ;D  Same version I'm thinking of getting, the "undec" with red-&-white trim, to get my own roadname lettering.  Not too concerned about getting one in time for Christmas - just sprang for another live-steam Shay ($$$$  :o ), so got to let the budget "recover" ;) a bit before springing for one of these beasts.  Sounds like it will pull comparable to the 3-tuck Shay (my current "tonnage champ"!  ;D ).

;)  Tom

mancosbob

Quote from: Jon D. Miller on December 20, 2008, 04:13:18 PM
First photos of the new Mallet at CD&StL's AJ Yard.

One of the "Enthusiastic Children"    JD

Hi, nice looking equipment you got there buddy, I can tell we would get along just fine and dandy: PETA Packing Company, I'm loving it!  LOL!
;D
John Huey
Modeling the RGS in 1:20.3 after 1952

darkdaniel100

Mine is on order woo! Sadly the little river logging roadname was out of stock in UK so I am importing from US ! cant wait for it to turn up

Peter O

Could someone take a picture of the 2-6-6-2T with a Connie and /or Annie in the same shot? I'd like to see how large the loco is and whether it might be feasible to downsize it to 1:22.

darkdaniel100

Quote from: Peter O on December 22, 2008, 11:04:10 PM
Could someone take a picture of the 2-6-6-2T with a Connie and /or Annie in the same shot? I'd like to see how large the loco is and whether it might be feasible to downsize it to 1:22.

If no one does before mine turns up ill take you a picture of my connie along side the mallet

Loco Bill

A friend of mine got his last week. He  lives in St Louis.  I am visiting in Denver and as of yesterday they were on the shelves at Caboose Hobbies, and also Mizzel Trains.  I could have bought six of the beasts, alas I had no money i9n my pockets.

It is a beauty tho, and it was great to be able to look at is super close up next to a K-27.

Enjoy your new toys, boys ;D  and Merry Railroading!
Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products