News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Orient Express loco help please

Started by roybales, January 31, 2009, 05:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roybales

:) I have an old HO Orient Express set that I need some assistance with.
The front wheel assemby is loose, and i can not figure out how it attaches to the body.  It appears that there should be a plastic arm that fits over the wheel assembly. The 'arm' then would screw to the body.  This was bought a long time ago and has been in storage.

Any suggestions? or a picture/drawing of what that small part may look like?

WoundedBear

In the red bar to the left.....mouse over "Product Reference".....then slide over and click on "Diagrams".

Have a look at some of the HO steamer exploded views there and see if anything resembles the unit you have. If it's just that flat strap for the pilot truck, it shouldn't be too terribly hard to scratch build.

Bachmann service may even have your part.....try calling them....the phone numbers are listed here on the site. (Don't waste your time emailing them)

Sid

WGL

Does anyone know anything about Bachmann's Orient Express Vintage Classic Collector Series Item No. 40-0185?  Would the quality be less than a Bachmann train set made today?  I think it would be fun to run a model of the Orient Express as it was back in the 1930s, but I wouldn't want to give an arm & a leg for it.

WGL

After more searching, I found pictures of the couplers:  they look pre- horn & hook & resemble the couplers on my late '40s-early '50s train set!