News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

2-4-2 Repairs

Started by tfowen, December 21, 2008, 11:01:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tfowen

Bachman,
This started out as a compliment for Bachmann and all the folks that do your warranty work and repairs, at first I was most impressed.
I sent a 2-4-2 in for repairs, (it suddenly stopped running). I received it back from Bachmann last week, and was impressed with both the short turn around time and the fact that the entire bottom end had been replaced with the newer model,and much better, drive train. However when I looked closer at the loco, I noticed that the rear coupler (hook) was missing and that both the front and rear axles were severely cracked and out of true on the new bottom end.
I have tried calling and can not get a hold of anyone. I do not want to re-ship, re-pay the warranty fee for necessary repairs, and wait another month for its return. From looking at the way the front and rear axels are assembled; their replacement is beyond my technical expertise.
Please advise.

Thanks,
Tom   

Loco Bill

Tom,

Be patient and keep trying to contact service,   Tell them what happened,  no organization is perfect, but I am convinced they will do everything possible to make it right.  This is their worst season as far as workload and phone calls go, so even though you are frustrated you  can only do your best to contact them.  Use this number 215-533-1600 and ask for the service manager!!

Loco Bill,
Roundhouse Foreman
Missouri Western Railway

Unnofficial Historian of Bachmann Large Scale Products