News:

Please read the Forum Code of Conduct   >>Click Here <<

Main Menu

Merry Christmas!!

Started by metal4life, December 24, 2008, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metal4life

..Eve! So, aside from anything Bachmann Thomas & Friends, what other things do you guys have on your lists? I've got Metallica Live S***: Binge and Purge DVD set, some T-Shirts, a guitar stand, a Metallica poster, Batman The Dark Knight (good movie), and Step Brothers (better movie).

What about you guys?

Anthony P2

Buon Natale! is the way my family says Merry Christmas in Italian. anyway what i wanted was
Edward
Mavis
Mailcar
Henrietta
Thomas's Holiday Set
Some hoodie i liked
a CD
Mario Cart for Wii

have a Happy Christmas

LastQ6

Merry Christmas one and all.

This morning has been splendid as always, no Thomas stuff for me this year, just lots of comedy DVD's and a new Bachmann Standard 4MT 4-6-0 in BR lined green livery with late emblem and in weathered condition. :D
Click below to view all my projects in my new blog

http://www.thethomasmodeller.blogspot.com

Cheeky_ULP

I got...
Bachmann Percy (who I despise :P)
Bachmann Ivatt Class 2
Bachmann Class 04 Shunter
Bachmann Salt Wagons x2
Bachmann Troublesome Truck 2
Hornby B12
Hornby Footbridge
Hornby Mail Vans
Hornby Platform
PECO Country Station Kit
PECO Switches (which are miracles and to be a pain at the same time :P)
Wierd Camcorder thing my parents got cheap
Shaving Kit ( ::))

Still waiting for Edward and the Fuel tanker.

Santa Fe buff

So far, I have gotten,

1 TracFone
1 Copy of Poke'Mon Peral (Nintendo DS)
1 Radio/CD Player/Tape Player/Recorder
1 Copy of Trainz 2006 Railroad Simulator

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Josh
- Joshua Bauer

StanierJack

I've got:

Bachmann Branchline Lord Nelson 4-6-0
Bachmann Branchline J39 0-6-0
Tri-Ang TT Jinty 0-6-0 (Refurbished by my grandad)
Bachmann Edward ordered
Bachmann Mavis ordered
New Laptop (Paid for half myself)
The A Team boxed set
A new RC Boat kit
1kg of Dairy Milk

alex wittman

i got a Toby the tram engine model, a salt wagon, and a tree train for my tree

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Hey Sparks, the Bachmann Percy might have its faults but its valve gear beats that of the Hornby one.

Cheeky_ULP

Hornby one uses the cheap 0-4-0 chassis, but that at least has better hauling power. I just need to snatch a spare Hornby Percy for its face, and weigh it down.

The Chaz Storm

My Bachmann stuff never came around Christmas (Including the Christmas set which would have been perfect...)

Regardless I had a great Christmas as well :)  I got some money, clothes, some movies, and even a pair of power scissors! :D  The only Thomas related things I got were the Take Along Metallic Edward, Duck, Lady, and Emily.  I am a huge metallic take along collector, but from what I heard the Metallic range is releasing Molly, Neville, Rosie, and Oliver.  I'm only getting one of them this year, anyone guess who it is? :P  I also got the Trackmaster Close Shave for Duck.  The Duck model itself is great and reasonable (Unlike the other greatest moment engines) but I didn't like how one of the trucks came with a bubble load...

Anyways I am glad you all enjoyed your presents and trains you got and even if it is almost over, Merry Christmas everyone! :)

StanierJack

Quote from: Sparks on December 25, 2008, 04:08:49 PM
Hornby one uses the cheap 0-4-0 chassis, but that at least has better hauling power. I just need to snatch a spare Hornby Percy for its face, and weigh it down.

Get the clockwork one if you can. It's cheaper. Eye mechanism is removed, but you need to keep some gears in place.

goldwing

Hay, Got me a wicked Christmas too. But no thomas stuff what so ever. But I got instead:
1 Hevac Helicopter (bug version)
cash
and a Wood land sceanics building kit.

pluse Santa Fe buff nice you got a whole lot of stuff. I happen to have both versions on pokemon Diamond and pearl and beat them in a week, so could you tell be your friend code, we can battle each other. And Sparks the reason why they didn't come might be either Mavis and Edward were all sold due to christmas so near, or its delayed for some odd reason.

Well till the next post.............Later.
Ok, so I return after 3 years, and guess what, I have no railways. FAIL

Cheeky_ULP

Quote from: StanierJack on December 25, 2008, 04:52:01 PM
Quote from: Sparks on December 25, 2008, 04:08:49 PM

Get the clockwork one if you can. It's cheaper. Eye mechanism is removed, but you need to keep some gears in place.
Was planning to find a spare part Percy. :P

metal4life

Speaking of modding the eye mechanism, anyone know exactly how to remove it? I've been disappointed with Percy's strength over the past few years and never knew exactly what to do. I figure the same could be done to James and make him a much more better engine.

By the way, I'm curious...
Does anyone think the Hornby Edward is superior to Bachmann Edward in any way?

ZeldaTheSwordsman

Possibly in pulling power, I wouldn't no. Probably not though, it's tender drive.
And as for appearance-WHAT THE FRAK WAS HORNBY THINKING?!